Galveston questions

Nekochan

My sister and I want to cruise out of Galveston (royal carribean). She lives in Denver and I live in NY. There's ONE flight a day from JFK to HOU so I was thinking I'd take that and then on my way back fly out of IAH. So, first of all, are there any recommendations as to where to stay the night before the cruise? Galveston Island seems RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Secondly, any recommendations for transportation to/from the port and airport/hotel? thank you so much in advance

We stay in Clear Lake where the Johnson Space Center is located. It's also about 10 minutes from an area called Kemah that has a boardwalk so there is plenty to do depending on when that one flight gets in. It is about a 30 minute drive to the port.

19 hours ago, Nekochan said:

My sister and I want to cruise out of Galveston (royal carribean). She lives in Denver and I live in NY. There's ONE flight a day from JFK to HOU so I was thinking I'd take that and then on my way back fly out of IAH. So, first of all, are there any recommendations as to where to stay the night before the cruise? Galveston Island seems RIDICULOUSLY expensive. Secondly, any recommendations for transportation to/from the port and airport/hotel? thank you so much in advance

I fly in from Denver to IAH for Galveston cruises and to visit family in the area.  Last cruise, we flew in the day before the cruise and took an airport shuttle to Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental .  Next morning we took the shuttle back to the airport and hired Galveston Limo to meet us back at IAH and take us to the port.  It sounds complicated but it's cheaper for me to fly into IAH than to HOU, so this works for me. The shuttle was cheaper than renting a car or other transportation.   I have no hesitation about doing it again.  BTW, lots of cheaper hotels in the area have shuttles to and from the airport, so any of the others you might be interested in would be fine. Also, we cruised Royal Caribbean and did not notice at the time if they had cruise transportation, which was why we used Galveston Limo. 

Edited by LuckyStar