'Kids Cruise Free" Grimmick????

Elaine515

Please tell me that what I got isn't correct....

I called Costa yesterday to get a rate for the 0318 Magica sailing. Told them I needed 3 cabins, a double and two quads. The two quads would be for 2 adults, 2 children...

Here's what I was quoted...

Double 6A....$699 per person plus 61.88 port charge...

so you would think that that would be the same price for the quad considering "kids cruise free" BUT NO...

Quad 6A....$949 per person plus 61.88 port charge for all 4 passengers

But Wait, I say....it's not really that "kids cruise free"... the "promotion" or whatever Costa wants to call should say

Quad 6a....$699 for the 1st and 2nd and $250. for 3rd and 4th!!

Has anyone really gotten a "kids cruise free" promo from Costa?

So, the total for the quad 6A would be $2145.52... Is that a good price? Can I do better? Please let me know because we really want to book this tomorrow (Monday)... Thanx all...

Elaine :)

03/??/2006

09/02/2005 Carnival Fascination Bahamas

03/18/2005 NCL Spirit Southern

3/20/2004 Carnival Triumph Western

3/16/2003 Carnival Spirit Exotic W. Caribbean

08/02 NCL Sun

12/21/2001 Carnival Spirit Southern Caribbean

10/15/2000 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean

1/31/2000 Ecstasy Western Caribbean

10/17/1999 Carnival Destiny Western Caribbean

10/98 RCL Grandeur of the Seas

10/18/1997 Carnival Fascination Southern Caribbean

10/6/1996 Carnival Sensation Western Caribbean

10/7/1995 Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean

10/94 Dolphin IV

11/6/1993 Carnival Celebration

11/1/1986 Carnival Carnivale

Has anyone really gotten a "kids cruise free" promo from Costa?

So, the total for the quad 6A would be $2145.52... Is that a good price? Can I do better?

Yes we did, and so did others. We booked in July/05 for a Jan/06 cruise. At that time, most but not all cruise dates had a "Kids Sail Free" promo. On the one day promo (July 7/05) we booked, in addition to the on-going kids sailing free, there was a 3 category upgrade, we went from a cat 5 inside to cat 8 balcony with a $100 on-board credit. This was booked directly with Costa and we received all.

I give you this detail as the promotions are there. Like any promotion, participate quickly.

Your date of 0318 is actually March 19. This may be a week where kids are out of school for the week and as such, there is no need for incentives. (March 19/06 may have been one of the exception dates back in July/05.)

Alternatively, look at other online agencies and plug in the numbers for the date.

Is the price good? If you have no flexibility for dates, it probably is, but check around.

Ken... We also booked on 7/7/05 one day sale and also received the $100 on board credit and the same upgrade. We booked for Presidents week on the Mediterranea for our family of 4 in a balcony cabin.

Is the price you got a good price? Only you can answer that. If you looked at other cruises and this is cheaper and the cabin you want to be in and the ports you want to go to, then it is a great deal. I know All Seas travel is having a group sailing, I think it may be that week. Give them a call.

I haven't seen many cruises for a family of 4 for less than $3,000. So it may be.

If the dates and price work for you then book it and don't look back

Enjoy

Now, in no way is this suppose to come out sounding or being mean, but did any of you actually get the price for a double?? Do you really know if you're paying the same thing as another passenger in a double cabin on the same cruise as you?

If I didnt ask for a double and a quad pricing, I would never have known....

And yes, the price, date, itiernary etc is good for us, so we are going to book it tomorrow. Again, I just can't believe that they advertise "kids cruise free" when in reality, they dont....

So, can I ask for a full refund when the cruise is over because they "ripped" me off?????? (I swear I swear, I'm only kidding!!!!)

Elaine :)

I booked 3 cabins on the Magica 1/8. Ours included my granddaughter and the other two for my friends-all were doubles-balconies. Same price for all, except I paid 69 dollars extra for my granddaughter -either for taxes or port charges - but that was it. Quite a deal.

Richard

We booked in a group and we got both ways depending on which worked out to our advantage. We booked in early December. Some got the Early Booking Savings or Kids Sail Free depending on which priced out better. On oceanview & higher we got a $100pp off the fare, but then the kid's rate was $140. On inside quad, my sister used the kids sail free because they didn't apply fot the $100pp EBS on an inside. They only had to pay the taxes of $62pp. What I've noticed is that their promotions change like the wind. One day there were offering, then the next not or depended if the res agent on the other end knew what they were doing. Plus some res agents would combine 2 promotions and others didn't. Sometimes it takes a few phone calls.

The promotion is offered, when it is offered.

We booked in August for our 3/12 trip, was offered until 8/31.

I called back to switch cabins, opps, not in the kids free period, so the change would have COST more b/c it was out of the offer window.

But our 5 year old and niece are free, of course the niece bailed on us :mad:

but the 5 year old is costing us port charges. Not the $399-599 other lines charge, which to me, is silly at that age.

But I'll not go on about that as it causes a stir

On our one day sale in July. We got a balcony cabin for an oceanview price and paid $1800. My friend called the next day and is paying $2200, she didn't book the day I told her to book, she waited and paid the price. I told her book it and you can always cancel.

I was able to get the free kids promotion, however they refused to honor the free cathegory upgrade. Even after calling Costa's headquaters they refused to do it.

Interesting enough, in Costa's web page it doesn't say anything about not combining two offers.

Archived