Wifi Speeds Sensation

Phi257

Hi,

It seems I cant find this information on Carnival or the boards.

What is the Wifi Speeds for the premium Package? Is it above 5 MBPS?

I am looking specifically for speeds above 5 MBPS. If you do know the speeds please let me know. Thank you!

I can't give you specific speeds as I never measured it while onboard.  However, I can only say that the speed is similar to the old dial-up days...very slow.  

Having said that, do bear in mind that my last cruise on the Sensation was over a year ago, so things may have been upgraded since I was onboard.

Garnett

Husband is up now. We were also onboard over a year ago, but he says it was "probably" around 5 MBPS.  He also said the website should tell you what they claim to provide for the package price.  I think he thought it was adequate given the fact that we were on open water miles from anywhere.  I'm sorry if that's not specific enough or a helpful answer.

If it's like most other ships with Ku band services, the whole ship will have about a 20Mbps downlink for everyone to share. Actual speeds will vary by atmospheric conditions, location, how many other ships are sharing the satellite's spot beam at the time, etc.

Edited by chui101

From experience on older ships the internet is slow no matter what plan you purchase and even slower on certain parts of the ships it only get decent when we get to port and ppl are off the ship  ,   On newer ships like the vista/horizon  the internet is very fast. You can even video chat. Or watch streaming videos