afternoon arrival

Jenjer

Coming to Curacao for the first time in June on Horizon. We don't arrive until 1:30 so maybe 1:45 or 2:00 off ship. We have to back for dinner say 6 or 7 since my FIL will just stay on ship. He has limited mobility and just likes to stay aboard all week.

I have read some stuff on CC and TA.  I would love to see the Flamingos and snorkel with turtles but my concern is with a afternoon arrival the beach will be crowded and the sand stirred up making snorkeling useless. What do you think?

Any recommendations other than Irie.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, Jenjer said:

Coming to Curacao for the first time in June on Horizon. We don't arrive until 1:30 so maybe 1:45 or 2:00 off ship. We have to back for dinner say 6 or 7 since my FIL will just stay on ship. He has limited mobility and just likes to stay aboard all week.

I have read some stuff on CC and TA.  I would love to see the Flamingos and snorkel with turtles but my concern is with a afternoon arrival the beach will be crowded and the sand stirred up making snorkeling useless. What do you think?

Any recommendations other than Irie.

Playa Piskado will most likely be very busy in the afternoon, it actually is busy most of the time now sadly for the turtles. 

The sand would not be stirred up bc of it being afternoon  unless we happened to have a storm here that day, which may make to the water "cloudy " so to speak.

Do you have any recommendations for a easy simple short afternoon beach day?

Thinking maybe we walk around the shops a little then catch a cab. My understanding is they are close to the port. 

5 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

Do you have any recommendations for a easy simple short afternoon beach day?

Thinking maybe we walk around the shops a little then catch a cab. My understanding is they are close to the port. 

If you are in town on the Punda side, you can catch a cab at the foot of the Queen Emma floating bridge,  Mambo beach is close (calmer water).