Tenerife Bus Transfer

37 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

It's about 50 mins but the checkin at the airport not good with tui just be patient and hope it's not too hot as it's outside but it's worth it in the end😎

Thank You. I did not know you checked in at the airport. I take it the next time we see the cases is outside our cabin.

Probably at better explanation is that once you arrive at Tenerife you go outside the airport to receive your luggage labels and your coach number you fix your labels to your luggage and take it to the coach, then you don't see it again until it arrives at your cabin, you check in at the ship for photos cards etc. Hope this helps but don't worry it's all explained. By the way if you do like good food service ask for Yudi's Station you will no be disappointed he remembered us from two years ago good traditional service. 

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Probably at better explanation is that once you arrive at Tenerife you go outside the airport to receive your luggage labels and your coach number you fix your labels to your luggage and take it to the coach, then you don't see it again until it arrives at your cabin, you check in at the ship for photos cards etc. Hope this helps but don't worry it's all explained. By the way if you do like good food service ask for Yudi's Station you will no be disappointed he remembered us from two years ago good traditional service. 

Thank you very much again for taking the time to answer our questions, really appreciated. Looking forward to sampling a smaller ship cruise, after the bigger Royal Caribbean ships.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

No sorry you check in at the airport, which is a pain, then you check in again at the ship, but it is a great cruise with the best entertainers we have seen for many years lucky you 👌

I just notice this on my last email from Marella Cruises...So it would appear I should check in at Edinburgh Airport, or am I wrong.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SANTA CRUZ
To check in your bags in the UK you'll need to visit the Marella Cruises stand. We'll attach your cabin number your bag to speed up the process at the other end. Once you've landed, collect your luggage and make your way through to the Arrivals Hall. A Marella Cruises Advisor will meet you and direct you to your transfer coach. When you reach the port, your luggage will be taken straight to your cabin. You'll also be given a welcome envelope with your onboard account card inside. Your onboard account card doubles as your boarding card, so you should keep it on you at all times - you'll need to show it at the gangway and when you pay for something.

When you get to the airport and join the queue to check in for your flight you should be approached by a TUI rep asking if you are going on the cruise. They tick your name on a list and attach cabin number labels to your cases, you then wait in the queue and get your cases weighed and collect your aircraft boarding cards.

OR

There will be a section of the check in desks allocated to the cruise, use that queue. They have used both methods at Gatwick at different times.

Don't worry, it is an easy procedure

4 hours ago, jgbtait said:

I just notice this on my last email from Marella Cruises...So it would appear I should check in at Edinburgh Airport, or am I wrong.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT SANTA CRUZ
To check in your bags in the UK you'll need to visit the Marella Cruises stand. We'll attach your cabin number your bag to speed up the process at the other end. Once you've landed, collect your luggage and make your way through to the Arrivals Hall. A Marella Cruises Advisor will meet you and direct you to your transfer coach. When you reach the port, your luggage will be taken straight to your cabin. You'll also be given a welcome envelope with your onboard account card inside. Your onboard account card doubles as your boarding card, so you should keep it on you at all times - you'll need to show it at the gangway and when you pay for something.

This is exactly the same as what we have except insert Naples for Santa Cruz. I'm beginning to think it's standard spiel with only the destination changed to protect the innoccent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

This is exactly the same as what we have except insert Naples for Santa Cruz. I'm beginning to think it's standard spiel with only the destination changed to protect the innoccent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Think it is different you don't have to collect your luggage when you arrive at Napels as its bonded. 😉

People are reporting elsewhere that for Explorer 2 cruises out of Naples they are getting emails saying the luggage is bonded so you don't collect it on arrival in Italy.

We now appear to have 3 destinations where the cases are bonded, Caribbean, Dubrovnik and Naples

On what date are you flying?, I will be joining Dream on 26th flying from Cardiff.

I don't seem to have received any of these information emails for Naples/Santa Cruz, but have done the Canaries cruise  a few times so know the drill. As others have advised just pick your luggage up on arrival and look for a TUI rep who will direct you to you coach.