First Time Cruiser - Another drink package ?

Hi all, we are first time cruisers leaving a week from today, traveling from Tampa on Brilliance. We have ordered the deluxe drink package. When does that start - is it effective when we board the ship, or when we set sail? I have had mixed answers on this from other people I know who have cruised before.

The drink package is effective from the moment you walk on the ship.

If you don't get your SeaPass cards at check-in, you can use your SetSail (boarding) pass to order drinks on your package.

6 minutes ago, Finzie2 said:

Hi all, we are first time cruisers leaving a week from today, traveling from Tampa on Brilliance. We have ordered the deluxe drink package. When does that start - is it effective when we board the ship, or when we set sail? I have had mixed answers on this from other people I know who have cruised before.

It works the minute you step on the ship.  Enjoy!

The Drink Package is available to use the minute you get on the ship until the time you disembark from the ship (assuming a bar is open to serve, which there most likely will be.).

Even on port days, if you stay on the ship you can enjoy your package. Another note, if your sailing goes to Labadee or Coco Cay, you can actually use your drink package on those islands too since RC owns them.

Edited by nanowerx

12 hours ago, nanowerx said:

The Drink Package is available to use the minute you get on the ship until the time you disembark from the ship (assuming a bar is open to serve, which there most likely will be.).

Even on port days, if you stay on the ship you can enjoy your package. Another note, if your sailing goes to Labadee or Coco Cay, you can actually use your drink package on those islands too since RC owns them.

Several years ago Royal offered a single day drink package also  just to use on the private island (coco cay or labadee) do you know if they still offer that option? I think it was $50 to drink all day on the island 

1 hour ago, Hstack99 said:

Several years ago Royal offered a single day drink package also  just to use on the private island (coco cay or labadee) do you know if they still offer that option? I think it was $50 to drink all day on the island 

I've not seen Royal offer a single day package in years.

20 hours ago, LBumb said:

I walk to first bar that is open and always start with a red stripe

dont know why it’s just my tradition

That sounds like a great tradition! We may have to start that one too! 

22 hours ago, Finzie2 said:

Here is your roll call for your cruise if you'd like to connect with a few of your fellow cruisers!! Cheers!!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, LBumb said:

While not an embarkation tradition, I definitely do a Red Stripe or two or three sometime during a cruise.  I am also know to do a margarita or two or three during cruise.

I am normally a wine drinker at home, but on a cruise I make exceptions.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, LBumb said:

Much the same for  us, except our 'tradition' is either the pool bar or the sky bar (whichever is less crowded) and a Bud Lite ( there's something about the aluminium bottle that  says " yay! We're on board!")