Navigator connecting layout question

Hi.  I am booked on Navigator OTS in Cabin 1886.  This looks to be a connecting cabin.

My question - where is the connecting door in the cabin?  I am guessing that the bed in this cabin is near the balcony - is that correct? and that the connecting door would be closer to the bathroom.   Is the connecting door in place of a sofa ?  or on the opposite side?

thanks for any input.

• 4 weeks later...

We have connecting rooms 6348 and 6346.   I am also curious where the connecting door is.  Both cabins sleep 4,  and state they have a full sofa that opens.   So where would the door be to the adjoining room?  

5 minutes ago, itsanita said:

We have connecting rooms 6348 and 6346.   I am also curious where the connecting door is.  Both cabins sleep 4,  and state they have a full sofa that opens.   So where would the door be to the adjoining room?  

I would guess that the connecting door is next to the sofa bed, which is hard to imagine as I always thought that the sofa in a connecting stateroom was smaller to accommodate the connecting door.

Clarea,  that is my thought too.   Some of the newer ships have an "outer" door that opens to the hallway that remains open, and the 2 cabin doors open from inside that door.   If the cabins want to be adjoining, the outer door is closed and the two "inside" doors to the individual cabins can be left open.    I wonder if that is the case here.   

7 minutes ago, itsanita said:

Clarea,  that is my thought too.   Some of the newer ships have an "outer" door that opens to the hallway that remains open, and the 2 cabin doors open from inside that door.   If the cabins want to be adjoining, the outer door is closed and the two "inside" doors to the individual cabins can be left open.    I wonder if that is the case here.   

I would find that surprising as these staterooms have not been changed significantly since the ship was built, and they did not have those kinds of connecting doors on standard balcony staterooms back then.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:45 PM, sandystx said:

Hi.  I am booked on Navigator OTS in Cabin 1886.  This looks to be a connecting cabin.

My question - where is the connecting door in the cabin?  I am guessing that the bed in this cabin is near the balcony - is that correct? and that the connecting door would be closer to the bathroom.   Is the connecting door in place of a sofa ?  or on the opposite side?

thanks for any input.

I had one of the new cabins on Navigator. Interconnected door was  right at the end next to the window... you can just see the indent. This was 1882

DF2CDF7F-2047-4D83-9306-23ABC0802690.jpeg

Edited by little britain