EZAir seat selection - some asian airlines

racj846

There have been many threads on the ability to make seat selections when booking flights through EZAir, ranging from immediately and free on United and Delta etc., to not until the booking is ticketed, and then for a fee, such as Air Canada and Westjet.

I would be interested to learn what others have experienced when booking economy on 3 specific asian airlines, namely

Singapore Airlines

Korean Airlines

Cathy Pacific

Last month I booked economy flights with Singapore Airlines through EZair.  The flights are in October and November this year.

During the EZair process booking process, it said that "Seat Selection is unavailable for this flight".  However, once the payment was made I had a booking reference and I was able to go to the Singapore Airlines website and get seats allocated. 

There was a fee which varied between the flights due to my desire to be somewhat comfortable on the trip to Heathrow 🙂 

• Melbourne to Singapore to Heathrow - I paid for an extra legroom seat on both flights - $200 (AUD) in total
  • Dubai to Singapore to Canberra - to pick a standard economy seat for these flights cost $24.20 in total