Arrival: Manhattan or Brooklyn?

AzureGreen23

I am leaving in two weeks (April 21) from New York on QM2. My e-ticket still shows "Terminal to be confirmed" for the departure terminal. This has been happening for QM2's calls at New York since at least last December. No clue why Cunard is causing this confusion. They know full well that QM2 is scheduled to dock at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal for all of 2019 as indicated on the NYCruise schedule Host Hattie posted.

Hattiesburg,

According to some websites it will be Manhattan,  and on others it will be Brooklyn, and on the Voyage Personaliser, it's yet to be determined.  

Exciting, but, a bit difficult for making transportation arrangements. 

But, thanks for replying. And yes, we do travel on the QM2.

AzureGreen23, I'm curious what websites are showing Manhattan for you (if they aren't travel agent sites that you can't mention here)? I know Cruise Critic itself shows the misinformation that QM2 voyages depart from "New York (Manhattan)" in its cruise search function.

Rest assured that QM2 will be docking in Brooklyn. She only docks in Manhattan if there are scheduling conflicts with other ships that will be in Brooklyn that same day (or in other extenuating circumstances when the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is unavailable such as happened after Superstorm Sandy). To my knowledge the last time QM2 docked in Manhattan was during 2014 when a Princess ship was using the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal that same day.

15 minutes ago, AzureGreen23 said:

Voila,

http://crew-center.com/new-york-city-new-york-cruise-port-schedule-2019

Plus, the Voyage Personaliser has no port listed for arrival.

I'm probably missing something. What I am seeing on that "crew-center.com" page is a schedule for "New York City", not specifically Manhattan or Brooklyn. Help me out on where that page is showing QM2 will be in Manhattan rather than Brooklyn.

I agree that the Voyage Personaliser is not showing a terminal for either the April 21 departure from New York or the May 5 arrival in New York on the e-tickets. That is a problem with the information being provided on the e-tickets that none of us can explain since it started happening last December (if not sooner).

Edited by bluemarble

As a further followup, it should be noted that others have reported this issue with Cunard not listing a specific terminal for New York in the past. The most recent example I referred to as occurring in "December" was actually for the January 3, 2019 return to New York from last year's Christmas cruise. That report was from Underwatr, and in that instance he mentioned that Cunard did update his e-tickets to show Brooklyn a little over two weeks prior to departure. I have been keeping an eye on my e-tickets for April 21 that are now at the two week mark to see if they are ever updated to show Brooklyn.

After looking through my archives from our past voyages, I can say something similar happened in 2016. We did a round-trip crossing from New York that year. Our embarkation terminal for New York was listed as "Brooklyn Cruise Terminal" but our disembarkation terminal for New York was left blank on the e-tickets. I can't say in that case though whether those e-tickets were ever updated to show Brooklyn as the disembarkation terminal.

One more resource for information about voyages from Brooklyn is the cruise calendar found on the "Brooklyn Cruise Guide" website at https://www.brooklyncruiseguide.com/cruise-calendar.html. That site purports to show the schedule of cruises departing from Brooklyn for both 2019 and 2020.

As of today, it's now 13 days until embarkation in New York for the April 21st crossing. My e-ticket still says "Terminal to be confirmed" for New York. I'm beginning to doubt it will be updated, but I'll be sure to post here if/when it is updated to show "Brooklyn Cruise Terminal".

• 1 month later...

Our e-tickets just became available in Voyage Personaliser for QM2's July 7 eastbound crossing. And what do you know, they actually state "Brooklyn Cruise Terminal" for the embarkation terminal in New York. No "Terminal to be confirmed" this time around.

• Like 1