Manhattan, Savor and Taste

scubamommy!

3 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Sailed Escape last July and didn't even bring pants.

My group of 6 ate at least 3 dinners (after 6pm) at Manhattan and I wore nice shorts with a nice t-shirt and a pair of Van's each time and nobody said anything to me.

On Escape, shorts are allowed in the Manhattan Room. 

3 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'm sailing Encore next January and plan on doing the same "no pants" packing

We will be doing some specialty dining this time so we'll avoid the ones that may present a problem.

I'm thinking Los Lobos, Q and teppenyaki should be fine.

Shouldn't be a problem. Bliss dailies only mention Ocean Blue and Le Bistro not allowing shorts. 

Thank you everyone, no need for arguements on shorts in Manhatten or not, our group likes to dress up for dinner, especially in a nice formal setting, we will book Manhatten several nights I am sure plus our 3 specialty nights. If we want to be casual one day and do shorts we'll probably do Margaritaville.  We'll try the others for lunch or breakfast. Thank you for all the replies! 🙂

In all my sailings shorts have been officially allowed in Manhattan on your first night (Sail Away). This because many pax are still awaiting luggage delivery by dinner time. Can't recall how I found out about this. May have been mentioned in the docs presented at check-in? But I've seen them enforce long pants on every night after.

• Like 1

Stay away form the Manhattan Room.  We went the last night of the cruise.  It took 20 minutes to get bread (after asking several times), 40 minutes to get our apps, after 1 hour I asked the manager where our entrees were.  They came right out after that but the food wasn't edible.  The steak tasted and look like it had been boiled.  We gave up, didn't bother eating it, left and went to the buffet.

• Haha 1