Where does the Osterdamn dock at in Hawaii overnight?

lillulu

On 4/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, DeeniEncinitas said:
7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

@lillulu 

I will be doing the same cruise on the Oosterdam in October of this year, so I would appreciate you sharing your thoughts and impressions with us.

i hope you have a magical journey.

Ann

Hello Ann,

We are excited about having the opportunity to be able to take this cruise finally. I would love to share anything that I know. I have to be honest though. I chose to do Holland shore excursions in all ports but the first day in Honolulu. We are doing the Polynesian Cultural Center on our own as I want to do the Super Ambassador Luau Package. Our pick up time is 9:45 at the Pier.

I have a handicapped daughter with Down Syndrome and that is one thing that would be the best for her. I know it will be exciting for her at the same time. To see the dancers, the show, the villages, canoe ride, etc. With the Super Ambassador Package you get, 

Island Villages

• An immersive cultural experience in 6 island villages
  • Personal tour guide
  • Kukui nut lei greeting
  • Front row seats at all village presentations
  • Go Native activities
  • Reserved Canoe Ride
  • Reserved seating at the Pageant of the Long Canoes
  • Hawaiian Journey movie experience
  • Souvenir gift
  • Laie & Temple Visitors Center Tour
  • FREE 3-DAY PASS to our island villages ( of course this will not help us but, it comes with it).
  • Dining

• Ali'i Luau dinner buffet & show (6:00 pm - seating 5:30 pm)
    • Flower lei greeting at the luau
    • Evening Show

• Front two rows for "Ha: Breath of Life" show
      • Private "behind the scenes" backstage tour

I chose to do this on the first day because we are in port overnight. So we don't have to worry about getting back late. Plus of what it offered. You are more than welcome to join us as is anyone that is sailing with us. They will send a private van to pick us up and you will also have your own guide. They are college students. I know this is not for everyone but, this works for my family.

We are doing two helicopter rides as I know she will enjoy both. Because of health issues in the past we are trying to do everything that we would want to do incase we can never return. 

Back note: We were taken off a ship because of the friend who travels with us had a heart attack. We were stuck in Columbia South America. It was the most stressful thing for me to have to endure with my daughter. We were there for 6 days, the 7th day we got to fly back to the states with a On Call Nurse that was sent to stabelize him enough to fly back. He was in ICU for 5 of those 6 days. It was a scary time. Before this all took place, I had a brain tumor removed, Knee replacement, and other health issues. As well as him. So, with that said, That is why I chose to go simple and only plan one thing that I would have control over. We also chose the Call of duty tour which will be a small group off of Holland. 

I want my child and myself as well to enjoy this trip to the fullest and I think we will.

I look forward to cruising with you. 6 months to go......

Edited by lillulu

Omg, we are on the same cruise! How did I miss this? For some reason I thought you were doing this in May. Have you signed up on our Roll Call?

We have not finalized our arrangements yet, but want to do the following - if it is possible:

Oahu

Hal’s - Circle Island tour

Pearl Harbor - on our own

Maui

zip lining 

possibly one of Hal’s tours, if the logistics work out, I believe the name is Ocean Discovery, but My notes are not handy right now.

Old Lahaina Luau

Big Island

Kona

Paradise Helicopter

Hal’s Sea Horse farm tour

Hilo

Mary Lou’s tour, if it does not get canceled

• Haha 1

Ann,

Yes, I am on the Roll Call.  I looked at Mary Lou's tour, but with her husband passing and them canceling tours I didn't want to stress about it and just went ahead and book something else. We had looked at the Sea Horse farm but I ended up with another tour instead.  We have done ziplining but now it would not be recommended. Plus with my daughter not a good ideal. I am afraid it would scare her.

Honolulu: Polynesian Cultural Center: Booked on my own)

Honolulu: Call to Duty: Pearl Harbor Museums & Memorials

Lahaina: The Hana Highway & Helicopter Flightseeing

Kona: Kohala, Kings & Cowboys

Hilo: Big Island Grand Fire & Falls by Helicopter

Ensenada, Mexico: We are hoping there our places to walk and see. Nothing planned.

Edited by lillulu

FYI, our TA cautioned us about walking around Ensenada. I was hoping to get more info once on the ship. Our TA is very cautious, so not sure if her info is accurate. Example - she advised us against walking across the street from our San Diego hotel to the cruise terminal, and walking the slightly more than a mile to the luau in Lahaina. So not sure if it is a walking thing, or if we should really avoid Ensenada.

And, in that photo by Pier 11 I see the excellent "The Pig and Lady" restaurant!!!  The mother and son used to just do a pop up every saturday at the Kapiolani Community College (KCC) Farmers Market.  Really good Vietnamese cuisine!!!   

I just had to say that when I saw their brick & mortar restaurant highlighted...

• Like 2