Which dining room on the sunshine?

MooNGaTe27

We have 14 in our group coming up, I called Carnival to have all the bookings linked together for dining so that a large enough table will be available for us. You will need everyone's booking number and PIN to link. As for which room they use I'm not sure. 

We had early dining in November on Sunshine, was in the aft dining room.  We had a party of 18 and they seated us at 3 long tables by the windows. There were some large round tables, but didn't count how many they seated.  

We had a round table for 10 on Liberty in January, also aft dining room early.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Additional info.

We had early dining on the Sunshine in December, and we were seated in the mid-ship dining room.  We sat at a table for 10, IIRC.  There were three such tables in a row I think, all at the aft-most section of that MDR, in the narrow bit as you exit to the mid-ship elevators.  Great spot to people watch!

So...shrug - you may need to wait until you get on board.

Get everyone's booking number and call Carnival in person.  To be able to accommodate a request as large as yours they need to know well before you board.

Find a deck plan that shows the sunshine's dining room to get an idea of how the tables are set up.

There was a large group (an extended family) with multiple tables near us on our last Sunshine cruise.  The first night everyone learned where their tables were then on following nights they just sat anywhere at their tables mixing and matching who they sat with in their group.  The teenage cousins commandeered one of the tables for themselves and seemed to enjoy dining without the adults at their table.

We were on the Sunshine in September with early seating for a party of 9. We had a long, rectangular table by the window in the mid-ship dining room (the 1 story one, not the 2 story one in the rear). I don't recall seeing any large round tables in that room.

Wherever they put your group with that many people you're not going to be able to talk a whole lot anyway. It's somewhat noisy in the dining room without that many people trying to talk across tables. Our group usually just moved around to different tables and seats in order to talk to different ones. I think there are some rectangular tables that seated 10, but most were for 8. I'm sure when the maitre'd sees your group is all linked, he/she will do their best to get you all in the same area. I'm assuming you all booked thru the Group Department? If so, they should be able to answer many of your questions. Good luck!

We have sailed Sunshine 3 times. The first two times we had late dining assigned. We asked for and got a two top. It was wonderful. The dining room was very beautiful and bright. We love the dining experience.

On our third Sunshine cruise, we chose anytime dining. We were placed in a dining room mid ship that was dark, and had low ceilings. I felt like I was in Applebee’s. It was so loud, and the people were loud as well. It was so disappointing , that we never went back there. We ate a late lunch at the pizza place or at Guys .  I sure hope our next cruise on Sunrise will provide a better dining experience. We chose anytime dining again, but we will be happy with pizza if the dining room is awful.

We did sail on RCL from Baltimore last year, and the anytime dining room was great. Hopefully Sunrise will be also.