No response from Sonny Binns

hrmkr

• 2 weeks later...

He said that he has a minimum of 10 people to have the tour.  It is only my wife and I so that makes 2.  We are not sailing until Dec. 1.  I know we have 7 months to go but should I be concerned that there will not be 10 people to sign up or am I just really early booking the tour? 

I like to do plenty of research and then lock in my tours since you never know of they will fill up and then you are stuck.  I want to use a reputable tour company when I take my tours instead of just grabbing one at the port.

• Like 1

It depends.  I booked with Sonny for 2 people 6+ months before my cruise coming up.  We were the first two.  I posted on our roll call (that is not really very active at all) to see if anyone wanted to join.  No one even responded on the roll call to my post or for that matter even welcomed me to the roll call!  So we cancelled on him and now are doing a private tour (a lot more $$$) but we did not want to do a big bus tour.  I recommend that you post on your roll call and see if you can drum up others to contact Sonny to join!  Post now, and then post every month for the next few months so new folks see it too!  Also some cruises now have roll calls on other popular sites so if you know of any / participate ask there too (I don't know if my cruise did as I'm not on any other site).  I'd then say try to come up with a back up plan and cancel on Sonny if you don't get 10 people by 1-2 weeks before the cruise.  I was disappointed because so many good things said on this site and others about Sonny but I understand that 2 people in such a large van isn't worth it for him.  It seems like a great tour and a fabulous price and not a big group...if you can get enough!

17 hours ago, cruiseequalsfun said:

It depends.  I booked with Sonny for 2 people 6+ months before my cruise coming up.  We were the first two.  I posted on our roll call (that is not really very active at all) to see if anyone wanted to join.  No one even responded on the roll call to my post or for that matter even welcomed me to the roll call!  So we cancelled on him and now are doing a private tour (a lot more $$$) but we did not want to do a big bus tour.  I recommend that you post on your roll call and see if you can drum up others to contact Sonny to join!  Post now, and then post every month for the next few months so new folks see it too!  Also some cruises now have roll calls on other popular sites so if you know of any / participate ask there too (I don't know if my cruise did as I'm not on any other site).  I'd then say try to come up with a back up plan and cancel on Sonny if you don't get 10 people by 1-2 weeks before the cruise.  I was disappointed because so many good things said on this site and others about Sonny but I understand that 2 people in such a large van isn't worth it for him.  It seems like a great tour and a fabulous price and not a big group...if you can get enough!

Already posted on the roll call.  Not much activity on it now but I do realize we are still 7 months away from sailing.   I already found another tour company that I have a reservation with but did not have to pay a deposit.  Both tours are basically the same.  seeing the same sites.  I will cancel one of them.

9 hours ago, dfencecoach said:

I looked at sonny bins website and it said account suspended.  Anyone know anything about this?

Interesting.  

i wonder if it is a website problem or if they are out of business and took down the website?