Balcony on Baltic cruise

Astromaid

We are thinking of taking a Baltic cruise either spring or fall. We have only done warm weather cruises and usually book a balcony. I think it might be too cold to sit on the balcony with a cruise in the Baltic, what are thoughts about this? 

11 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

We are thinking of taking a Baltic cruise either spring or fall. We have only done warm weather cruises and usually book a balcony. I think it might be too cold to sit on the balcony with a cruise in the Baltic, what are thoughts about this? 

Spring and fall months have some warm days, but  weather will vary. It isn't tropical. We were on a late summer Baltic. It was comfortable to sit out, but not really bathing suit weather. Make certain you bring along a jacket, sweatshirt, long pants, rain jacket, layers, things like that.

A Baltic cruise is port intensive, not much time for sitting around all morning or afternoon on balconies.

With that said we enjoy balconies for all cruises. We like the large floor to ceiling glass and the ability to go onto the balcony just to watch the scenery and the ocean.

I see that the traditional Baltic itinerary will be done by the Sky Princess in 2020. On the Sky Princess all* the outside cabins have balconies. So your choice is basically either balcony or interior. With a few exceptions, which you can find on the deck plans, balconies are small, 9' x 4'.

*Exception there are six window cabins on deck 17 all the way forward.

I also see that the Island is sailing one special itinerary which includes the Baltic.

I will also add, it may be a Baltic and transatlantic. It would probably hit a couple of the Baltic ports and then maybe England, Ireland before transit. I don't have a specific cruise in mind, this is informational gathering. 

We didn’t spend many hours sitting on the balcony reading, but DID use it extensively as we cruised through the area and in port watching the hum of city life. The cabin also feels larger when you walk in and you see out, rather than your eye stopping at the cabin wall.   Baltic is a great cruise - good luck with you research!

Hi we did a B2 Baltic cruise last May and the weather was like July temps over there. I got a sun burn while sitting on the balcony. There were some cool days. Used the balcony every day even did the ultimate balcony breakfast twice.  There are spectacular views on a Baltic cruise. Also it is nice to see what the temperature is and for viewing the sun rises and the sun sets. The one advantage of a cruise in the spring is the days lengthen so you get more sunlight and in does not get really dark at night. 

Have fun with your planning.

We did a Baltic cruise last year in the fall. It was for us pretty cool Fl girl. We choose a inside for our Baltic as it was so port intensive. It was nice to come back to our nice quite dark cabin. For the next leg of the trip we moved to a balcony for the TA part of the trip. It was cool for the first part of the trip home. The last week of the trip were all sea days and nice and warm spent a ton of time on our balcony.

Leigh