Booking Pinnacle Grill on line

Zerks

2 hours ago, Zerks said:

We have a few complimentary dinners and lunch as a perk through our TA. Is it possible to pre book reservations on line.

TIA

Yes it is but you have to pay the supplement at the time of booking so I don’t know how you’d get your complementary  perk.  Best, I think to ask your TA as they might book it for you?

We do pre book the Pinnacle on line and pay for those dinners.

Then once we are on the ship, we talk to the Pinnacle manager and explain that we want him to refund our money and let the free dinners be on the nights that we paid for.  That way we get the times and dates we want.  The majority of the time we haven't had any problems doing this.  But a couple of times we had to keep checking our ship board account to make certain that we got our money back.

I started a thread on April 6th, a few days ago re. Booking on line.  I have three complementary dinners for two.  I booked and then had guest services since I got several different answers from HAL personnel.  I decided that it would be better to book on the ship.  That way there would be no trouble with getting any charges reversed.  I do not want to have to resolve problems while on the ship.  It's a vacation.

Whatever you do keep and trail and check your on line account and your credit card for any credits do you from HAL.

Just now, dag144 said:

I started a thread on April 6th, a few days ago re. Booking on line.  I have three complementary dinners for two.  I booked and then had guest services since I got several different answers from HAL personnel.  I decided that it would be better to book on the ship.  That way there would be no trouble with getting any charges reversed.  I do not want to have to resolve problems while on the ship.  It's a vacation.

Whatever you do keep and trail and check your on line account and your credit card for any credits do you from HAL.

We have done as Krazy Kruisers suggests.  For our upcoming cruise, I have paid for our anniversary night.  Usually there is no issue with asking the Pinnacle manager to use one of our freebies for a reservation night and getting it refunded.  The only problem is if there is a special event in the Pinnacle, such as a pop up of Sel de Mer or a special dinner (Cellar Master/Master Chef, etc.)  on the night you really wish to attend.  Whether or not you book in advance, that can be an issue.

I cancelled my reservations several days before the cruise and my credit card was credited.  The cruise services rep. said if the cancellation is made while on board the refund is in the form of a cruise credit.