Acadia National Park and Lobster Lunch

RonnieCosmic

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

I believe it was 10%...but this small amount wasn't the reason we chose the tour.

Thanks. We've already booked their tour. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.  Now to decide on lunch location!

On 6/1/2019 at 8:18 PM, Parrotheadtoo said:

Thanks for the information for the free bus to Acadia National Park.  I just looked it up.. Here's the link.......http://exploreacadia.com/

Island Explorer summer schedules are in effect from June 23 through August 26, 2019. Fall service continues through Columbus Day (October 14, 2019). Bus service on Schoodic peninsula begins in late May.

Thanks for posting the free bus link, Parrotheadtoo.  Jim and I will wait until their fall schedule is online, before planning our trip to Acadia.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, Host Carolyn said:

Usually shuttle from Portland to Freeport where 'LL Bean is ..go from there, much closer 

On our last cruise stop in Portland, last October, quite a few passengers opted to go to LL Bean.  It was definitely closer than from Bar Harbor, as Host Carolyn says. 

• 7 months later...
On 4/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, RonnieCosmic said:

I wasn't sure whether to put this question in the Ports of Call section or the Royal section, but I was wondering if anyone has taken the ACADIA NATIONAL PARK AND LOBSTER LUNCH excursion with Royal Caribbean and cares to share their experiences.

Thanks!

We have taken that exact tour with Royal Caribbean and were very disappointed.  First the bus was more than an hour late leaving many people standing waiting in the cold.   Then when the bus finally came, we went literally two blocks up the road to a hotel for the lobster lunch which was mediocre at best.  Lots of tables and you had to go to a buffet line to get your food.  Then back to the bus which toured Acadia park but it does NOT go to Cadillac Mountain. Personally,  I would take Ollie's Trolley or the tour to Cadillac Mountain and have my lobster lunch at the West Street Cafe.  Delicious Down East special with Clam Chowder, Lobster, fries, blue berry pie and ice cream.  Get there early!

Edited by torpeedo

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 8:18 PM, Parrotheadtoo said:

Thanks for the information for the free bus to Acadia National Park.  I just looked it up.. Here's the link.......http://exploreacadia.com/

Island Explorer summer schedules are in effect from June 23 through August 26, 2019. Fall service continues through Columbus Day (October 14, 2019). Bus service on Schoodic peninsula begins in late May.

Very strange that they don't have the Island Explorer Buses running during the cruise ship stops earlier than June 23rd. Also the Acadia National Park Tours don't start until May 8th. But Ollie's Trolley seems to run most of time. Guess they are the only game in town during our Zaandam port stop April 26th unless we want to pay for a private tour or rent a car.