Hell

mikefast

The last time we were in Grand Cayman, we had no problem booking an island tour by ourselves just off of the ship. We are going to be there again next week, a small family reunion, and I'm just wondering if we will be able to do that again, or should we book through the ship. Some members of the family want to go to Hell, just so they can brag about it. Not sure how many of them want to go, but I would guess about 6 or 8.

I know hells not a big place..maybe spend about 15-20 minutes there tops.

Good idea on pre-printed labels. Expect the post cards maybe 3-4 weeks.

Does anyone know how much a round trip cab ride is-- or will we need to book this as part of an excursion

Laura, I am also planning to do the Stingray and Island Tour so I am glad to hear it was good(I have only seen postings for the rum point tour)...how many people were on your tour? This is my first cruise and all this talk of missing tenders and hundreds of people is making me nervous but I know not to worry! :D

Tania,

On the boat for the sandbar there was about 40 people. On the tour it was just our group of 16 so our driver Kirk let us hang out at each stop as long as we wanted. I think our last tender was at 3:30 and we made it back by 3:00. You are going to love it!:p Bring extra cash for the boat or a good underwater camera, you will want pictures. On our tour nativeway had a photographer that took pictures and sold us a dvd with the pictures. I am still waiting for it to come in the mail.

Laura

When we arrived in grand cayman we got off the tender and grabbed one of the first tour operators and went with 3 couples from other ships and were given a taxi/ tour operator by the name of Rosa, a WONDERFUL older lady !

She was an absolute BLAST, for $ 20.00 we did a tour to HELL, the Toruga Rum factory( store ) and the turtle farm, she then dropped us off at the beach and returned for us 2 hours later, ..

We LOVED this woman, I wish I could have taken her home with me... LOL:)

She had a great sense of humour and very knowledgable !

Archived