Wheelchair on Discovery 2

Has anyone sailed on D2 using a wheelchair?

Although he should be OK most of the time around the ship my husband has just started to need a chair for longer walks and will need to take it with us later this year (8 night Palma to Malaga 2nd November).

At the moment we are booked in a basic inside cabin on deck 2 (2055 that we have had twice before and really like) but realise that this will not have enough space to house the wheelchair.

Just wondering if there is any great difference in the cabins marked as being wheelchair friendly - if so we will try to swap depending on availability.  Alternatively, is there anywhere on board where the chair can be stored when not in use?  I have emailed TUI Pre-Travel dept but as yet have received no reply.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by campolady

My SiL took her dad on Discovery last year. They booked a a disabled cabin on deck 6 just by the coffee port. He can walk a little but they took a folding wheel chair so they could get ashore. The cabin was great with plenty of space and a wet room. They also loved that it was by the coffee port where he could spend time reading and  chatting to others while she did other things.

17 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

My SiL took her dad on Discovery last year. They booked a a disabled cabin on deck 6 just by the coffee port. He can walk a little but they took a folding wheel chair so they could get ashore. The cabin was great with plenty of space and a wet room. They also loved that it was by the coffee port where he could spend time reading and  chatting to others while she did other things.

Thanks Dronnygirl - much appreciated.

We phoned TUI Welfare Dept this morning and spoke to an extremely helpful gentleman.  When we explained the situation he offered to move us to an adapted cabin giving us a choice of deck 2 or 7 - we are now booked in cabin 7083 on deck 7; there was no charge for the switch even though deck 7 is higher priced than deck 2 where we were originally booked.