Pizza on Equinox?

teacher2cruiser

7 hours ago, dx052 said:

I find Celebrity pizza's are poor across the board, as noted above they are very bland and lack any type of flavour. I have had pizza's from all over the world and these are on par with a frozen pizza in a UK supermarket if you think they have good pizza's you have never tasted a good one before, there's nothing subjective about it.

There you have it! Discussion over. Close down the thread. :classic_rolleyes:

16 hours ago, keesar said:

I see where you are from.  There is great pizza in CT.  The pizza on Celebrity is rather bland.  But I guess they have to appeal to the majority of cruisers.  The toppings are fresh but the sauce is bland and I cannot find the words to describe the dough.  

I can report that our cruise to Alaska  we had lobster from Maine.  I was surprised but could definitely tell the difference.  Then they wanted to put a cream sauce over it.  Just melted butter for

Yes, I live in CT. We have many types of pizza, everything from the NY style, wood fired thin crust to the New Style, medium thickness crust with spicy sauce and loaded with toppings. And there's Dominos, which my friends from the midwest claim is the best 😄 All are better than any cruise ship pizza.

And lobster is quick boiled and served with melted butter. Period. It's not fancy food so it's best eaten at a picnic table outside a fish market/restaurant. 

Screenshot 2019-05-19 at 12.49.22 PM.png

Edited by Marelaine

• 3 years later...
On 4/25/2019 at 6:15 AM, boscobeans said:

It is amazing that in Brooklyn or so many other cities or towns there are thousands of pizza places that can serve a simple pizza that makes all on board pizza taste like something ready for the compost heap.  

The ships produce so many excellent breads, rolls and other baked goods it is hard to believe why they can't do what is done all day long in pizza joints with flour, water, salt, and yeast.  Add to this a basic sauce, which is just a decent quality canned tomato product, a few simple spices, olive oil and mozzarella cheese. 

The only problem I see in having a ship that cost over a billion dollars and is equipped with more than enough of the needed kitchen appliances make excellent pizza is that the lines for pizza would be equal to those waiting to clear customs.

After 19 plus years on cruise ships and seeing so many more complex dishes prepared fresh and served at all the dining venues, I have yet to see anything that resembles in the slightest a good pizza???????

I know this is an old post but have you had pizza at Gigi's on any of the Princess cruise ships (or Alfredos)? It is the best I ever had on a cruise line. It was much better than I ever would have expected. The calzone was especially good.