Galapagos cruise on the Mary Anne?

autumncat

No need for specialty TA.  Do your research from TripAdvisor.  Book with a TA who gives you discounts or credit cashback.  The amount of discounts or cashback depends on the cruiseline.  I have not yet taken this cruise, so I do not know for sure that I can get cashback.  However, I do get cashback from my TA for Viking, Silverseas, and scenic cruises.

Mary Ann is a small yacht which accommodates 16 guests.  Don’t know if the small group size is the reason for your interest.in Mary Ann.  Not sure if price is also on your shopping list.  Before I decided on booking directly with Metropolitan Touring (7-day/6-not on 48-passenger La Pinter), I explored Silverseas and Celebrity.  If you add up all the extras such as flights between Baltra and Quito, Park entrance fee, Control card, 1-night hotel in Quito before next morning flight to Baltra, all airport transfers, and guided day tour of Quito, the price , after early bird promotions, is comparable among these operators (including Mary Ann).  For stress-free travel, it is better to go with a one-stop service.

If the Mary Ann Cruise starts and ends in Baltra Island, you need to arrange for air transportation to/from Quito or Quayaquil.  In addition, you may need a one night hotel stay in Quito or Quayaquil.  Sometimes, the cruise operator may offer a discount package that includes the extras.

i know for sure that the island wild life guides for Silverseas and Metropoltan La Pinta are above grade (if not top notch).  My experience has been that Luxury lines usually get more knowledgeable/experienced guides. This aspect is also important to me when choosing a tour/cruise.