Airport Ground Transfers & Tips?

BiggDawg

So, I booked an airport transfer, private vehicle, through the Cunard VP site.  They confirmed and charged my card for the full charge in advance.

Now, as a YANK and our tipping culture gets confusing when dealing with other cultures, am I supposed to add a (cash) tip as well to the driver? 

Since we use the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to sail out of, after unloading our luggage out of the vehicle, we typically tip the Porter 2-3 dollars each bag depending on the size and weight.

We appreciate their service and they appreciate our gratitude....Their job isn't easy, it's understandable...

On 4/14/2019 at 8:34 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Since we use the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to sail out of, after unloading our luggage out of the vehicle, we typically tip the Porter 2-3 dollars each bag depending on the size and weight.

We appreciate their service and they appreciate our gratitude....Their job isn't easy, it's understandable...

Yeah, I get that.

I'm familiar with US tipping custom, and certainly even NYC, which is different.

But I'm looking at Southampton (LGW to SOU), where the tipping is clearly not like US.

55 minutes ago, BiggDawg said:

Yeah, I get that.

I'm familiar with US tipping custom, and certainly even NYC, which is different.

But I'm looking at Southampton (LGW to SOU), where the tipping is clearly not like US.

I really wouldn't bother tipping at Sotyhampton. They get paid well enough for doing their job, just like shopkeepers or librarians, and don't expect anything more.