Buenos Aires Cruise Port Location

kjg46

We will be starting our cruise in Buenos Aires. Can someone tell me how far the cruise port is from the Recolete area vs the Puerto Madero area. Also, are taxicabs readily available? Hotel suggestions?  

Thanks in advance for your comments.☺️

Look on Google Maps for Terminal de Cruceros Quinquela Martín.  It's a little closer to Recoleta, but only a couple of miles from either one.  Yes, there are plenty of taxis in BA, and they are pretty cheap going to the port.  Leaving the port is another matter - you will pay through the nose.  Can't help you on the hotel since our cruise ended in BA, and we left for Iguazu Falls that same day.

It is higher end, but I stayed at the Alvear Palace Hotel. Very nice. It is close to the port. They arranged for a cab to take me to the port. I was staying a few days in BA before my cruise. They have a restaurant there and room service. There is a bar on the roof, you can see the port from there.

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest problem with getting to the port right now is road construction.  Traffic is a real mess.  But, we still managed to get from our hotel in Centro (Tocuman and Reconquista) for $3 or $4 in a cab.  We did have the driver turn left just before the port building so that he could get out of the mess.  That just meant crossing the street.

Once you have checked in, if you wish to go back to town, it is super expensive to take a cab from the port.  If you can walk a little ways, walk toward Retiro and get a cab there (or bus or Subte).  It is much faster to walk than to ride to get out of the port area.