Booking future cruise while on board?

CruisinGrandpa

18 hours ago, azam71209 said:

I checked onboard my last cruise. The perks only apply to higher level cabins. So if you are traveling steerage, be sure to check whether any of the perks apply to the cabin you plan to reserve in the future.

Mary

To be fair.... nothing on O is really steerage....   To get a grip on reality   take a 3 or 4 day Carnival or RCCL cruise..  Make sure you have your immunizations  up to date and wear washable  shoes. .......

• Haha 1

Hi All... We have traveled with Oceania before but have not booked on the ship or taken their FCC. They are usually too expensive on many of their cruises. I have done the FCC on Celebrity or Princess and you can combine (on Princess not on RCCL) the FCC with other credits (i.e. Stockholder shares SBC), etc... 

I personally find my online TA does a great job.  We booked an outside cabin this summer out of Lisbon and it was $700 off the Oceania price of $4,100PP in a "flash" promotion.  It included the Air, Gratuities, excursions and SBC...  While we were on Celebrity for Spring we did book the cruise for Christmas - after I contacted my TA from the ship -- and when I got home all the goodies (liquor package, add'l $300 SBC, gratuities) were added on plus the extra hundred from Celebrity and loyalty bonus from the TA....  

I would just do my homework and when you see something good (for your dates) you have to grab it -- and don't procrastinate. 

Happy Sailing!!!🛳️😁

Edited by neilrr

22 minutes ago, neilrr said:

Hi All... We have traveled with Oceania before but have not booked on the ship or taken their FCC. They are usually too expensive on many of their cruises. I have done the FCC on Celebrity or Princess and you can combine (on Princess not on RCCL) the FCC with other credits (i.e. Stockholder shares SBC), etc... 

I personally find my online TA does a great job.  We booked an outside cabin this summer out of Lisbon and it was $700 off the Oceania price of $4,100PP in a "flash" promotion.  It included the Air, Gratuities, excursions and SBC...  While we were on Celebrity for Spring we did book the cruise for Christmas - after I contacted my TA from the ship -- and when I got home all the goodies (liquor package, add'l $300 SBC, gratuities) were added on plus the extra hundred from Celebrity and loyalty bonus from the TA....  

I would just do my homework and when you see something good (for your dates) you have to grab it -- and don't procrastinate. 

Happy Sailing!!!🛳️😁

Speaking of dates the fares O charges are very much like the demand pricing the airlines have.   looking at 10 to 15 day cruises    for  an inside  no O perks...  vaired from $157pp    to $386PP  as an example   Many 10 day cruises were more expensive than 16 day cruises...     Places like Alaska, the UK and MED in summer can swing wildly from spring to fall.    September rates are astronomical.   

So  if your a cruiser who just plain likes being on a ship and dosen't care where, then you have a lot of choices to play with.time and tides.  (  At this point in my life , that's me as I have run out of  ports I want to visit.)

Its fine to book other lines  but I have yet to find any that offer what  value  you get from O.    They have pleased me and angered me over the years . But, there is no ignoring their value  which is to me better than any I have found considering Crystal, Seabourn, Regent, SilverSea, Azamar, Viking,.   

HAL and Celeb are not even in the ballpark so to speak I dont want to sail on a seagoing ant-farm with 3000+ other ants all jockeying for position...     

Edited by Hawaiidan

6 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Its fine to book other lines  but I have yet to find any that offer what  value  you get from O.    They have pleased me and angered me over the years . But, there is no ignoring their value  which is to me better than any I have found considering Crystal, Seabourn, Regent, SilverSea, Azamar, Viking,.   

HAL and Celeb are not even in the ballpark so to speak I don't want to sail on a seagoing ant-farm with 3000+ other ants all jockeying for position...     

Hawaiidan - Unfortunately, some of us (like me) are still part of the working class -- and we have to go during high periods and we do not have the luxury of off season periods to travel at this time. We appreciate value too, but in many instances, we do not find that value on O during high periods. Once you start talking -- Crystal, Seabourn, Regent etc... they are in a totally different class from Oceania. Competition for Oceania is really Azamara.

As for Celebrity or HAL they are about the best (for the mid-priced mass market lines) you can get before the jump to the next level.  As we like to cruise approx. 3 times a year, it provides us the ability to do that, rather then one cruise every year or two. I do not look at the passengers on those cruise lines as ants in "ant farms."  We have met very nice people over the years including some very well heeled "down-to-earth" people.

When we had our first cruise on Oceania many of the people were a bunch of old snots; we only returned to give them a second look a couple of years ago - we had a wonderful cruise.  As of late, O has done a wonderful job marketing to the younger retirees with adult children to liven up things on-board. They also changed their entertainment as well.  Additionally, they are catering to people who are bit more humble...   

15 minutes ago, neilrr said:

Hawaiidan - Unfortunately, some of us (like me) are still part of the working class -- and we have to go during high periods and we do not have the luxury of off season periods to travel at this time. We appreciate value too, but in many instances, we do not find that value on O during high periods. Once you start talking -- Crystal, Seabourn, Regent etc... they are in a totally different class from Oceania. Competition for Oceania is really Azamara.

As for Celebrity or HAL they are about the best (for the mid-priced mass market lines) you can get before the jump to the next level.  As we like to cruise approx. 3 times a year, it provides us the ability to do that, rather then one cruise every year or two. I do not look at the passengers on those cruise lines as ants in "ant farms."  We have met very nice people over the years including some very well heeled "down-to-earth" people.

When we had our first cruise on Oceania many of the people were a bunch of old snots; we only returned to give them a second look a couple of years ago - we had a wonderful cruise.  As of late, O has done a wonderful job marketing to the younger retirees with adult children to liven up things on-board. They also changed their entertainment as well.  Additionally, they are catering to people who are bit more humble...   

My "ant Farm comment was in reference  to the sheer mass of humanity on board, the good, bad and the ugly. The sheer size of the newer ships is to me shocking... I have never ever been on a ship that size that did not launch and recover high speed jets.

With 10 cruises under my belt on O  I found the people exceptionally warm and  friendly. Particularly in the smoking section ( I dont smoke)  but that's where you find all the fun people it seems....time after time 

Having cruises several  of the lines in the Lux catagory  I found O was  the equal  of Regent  but without the all inclusive stuff I would not  really use.   Food wise I think O exceeds Regent.   So, O to me is not just an equal but  a superior experience.

It's all what floats your boat...I only can truly say what I like and you can thus take it or not.   You are not me.

I was once a 80 hour a week guy but now I am gainfully un-employed.   There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train !!!           Bon vie et voyage