NCL wifi question

silyse

I have 2 questions related to WiFi on NCL.

1. My understanding is there is a call/text package for $10 to be able to communicate with people in board via the Cruise Norwegian app. I assume this works by connecting to the ship's WiFi. I also have a 250 minute internet package as one of the pick 5 perks. How do I start/stop the clock on the internet package, say if I want to use 30 minutes at a time? I can't just turn the WiFi on and off because then I'll lose the call/text ability. 

2. How can I get my kids set up to use the call/text feature? I cannot create an account for them since they are under 14.

I tried calling NCL, but the customer service rep was not able to answer either question, and tech support was already closed for the day. Thanks for any insight!

The NCL app is separate from your 250 minute internet package.  The App is for use on the ship for $9.99 and you can basically call or text other people who are travelling with you on the ship.  It is a stand alone product.

The internet is digital@sea (if I remember correctly) and once you log in it will start to track your minutes until you log out.  And don't forget to logout.com  otherwise it will keep using your minutes.   

The internet cafe people on the ship are very helpful if you have any issues.  

Cheers,

Sandy

You have to logon and log off the wifi every time you use it. If you just turn wifi off on your device, the clock keeps ticking until it hits zero. 

Once onboard, you register each device you want. You need to have the NCL app applicable to the ship loaded on your phone before you leave

F2818E43-8222-4B9C-8543-AE7DCD789E66.jpeg

23C623F8-AFA0-4A87-B0DC-FC1CF2F22F77.jpeg

• Like 1

It has been a while since i have done app communication but as i recall each device was assigned its own phone number. You can sign up your child using your folio number.   If you are in a suite, they also give you a cordless dec phone that works throughout the ship which can call to and from the ncl app devices.

The 250 minute minute will have a login/logout screen.  Each account can only be logged into one device at a time.  When you sign out the clock stops(be aware it rounds up to the next minute 1 minute 1 second counts as 2 minutes.  You do not disconnect your wifi.

With regards to how do you start / stop the clock, it's pretty straight straight forward. 

Based on my experience on the Bliss, when you get on the ship:
a) You connect your device to the ship's WiFi network. 

b) You then go to "login.com" in your browser. 

-- When you first start out, you create a new account by entering your last name and birthdate. (This allows multiple people in the room to have separate internet access.) 

-- Once you log in, you can "activate" your 250 minute coupon or upgrade to one of the many packages (multiple devices, more minutes, faster service) leveraging the "coupon" as a discount. 

c) At that point, the clock starts.  It runs until you enter "logout.com". 

You can utilize multiple devices, one at a time, using your "account".  "Login.com" gets you access and starts the clock.  "Logout.com" stops the clock.

Using the Norwegian app, you can do its functions without being logged in.  One of the functions of the app is the text and calling functions to other app users.  There is a flat fee for doing that.  I believe $9.99 is the price.

20190415_183215_resized.jpg

20190415_183205_resized.jpg

BTW - folks did not have a lot of luck using WiFi calling from cell phones using the NCL internet. If phone is your issue, most phone providers have a Cruise Package to utilize the CellularAtSea service cheaply for around $100 per month (or less) depending on the features needed.

Edited by ttechnology
Pics
  • Like 1