STEAKHOUSE QUESTIONS

Cruisegirl6

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

You're comparing apples and oranges if you're comparing full regalia dress of an American Indian versus a formal Scotsman's kilt.  I've seen the formal kilts as well as military dress whites on a groom in the MDR on Carnival during the older "formal nights", which have been replaced with "cruise elegant" nights, which slightly dumbs down the clothing requirements.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you if you feel that it's not appropriate for the MDR.

I've read your posts/interacted with you before and think you're a very logical person but native dress and a "formal kilt" are much more alike than a formal kilt and military dress uniform. The cruise ship is mostly Americans or people from places that wouldn't exist without our protection so we should all be proud to be in the presence of someone in uniform. But the native dress and kilt are more in representative of the person's own culture. 

I don't want to sound like I'm saying people shouldn't feel free to wear their culturally inspired clothes, I think it's great just maybe not quite keeping in line with the rules to the letter. My point was, if the dress code says men need to wear pants, I don't see the difference between someone wearing the kilt, which I know is to be interpreted as formal and someone wearing "dress shorts" because they are functionally equivalent.