Hotel recommendation Dubai

grayjay

Due to our flight landing in Dubai shortly before midnight, we'll be needing a hotel for the short night until we can join our cruise ship the following day. Easy accessibility from the airport ( Terminal 1) , a quiet room and a good breakfast as well as a short taxi ride to the port - we won't need more than that. We'd prefer a hotel shuttle to taking a taxi after arrival, if that is more convenient. than finding a taxi and counting out money after a long flight. But I'm not sure if the hotel shuttles will run all night.

As far as I have found out, Le Meridien Dubai seems to be nearest to the terminal, and there seem to be good hotels in Festival City: I saw Crowne Plaza Festival City, Intercontinental F.C. , Holiday Inn Festival City , all with good reviews and rates, as far as I could see.

Any recommendation for one of these four or even a different hotel?

Thank you for your answers.

We are staying at the brand new QE2 Hotel. Great rates, includes breakfast and obviously close to the port. They just opened so have good rates getting into the market. And it's a conversation starter.

9 hours ago, SakeDad said:

We are staying at the brand new QE2 Hotel. Great rates, includes breakfast and obviously close to the port. They just opened so have good rates getting into the market. And it's a conversation starter.

It’s been open as a hotel for a year already and is now well established locally as both a hotel, dining and other entertainment venue.....

Anne...

6 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

It’s been open as a hotel for a year already and is now well established locally as both a hotel, dining and other entertainment venue.....

Anne...

Well they have very low rates compared to many of the other places we looked at. We are really looking forward to staying on her. 

11 hours ago, sddsddean said:

My mate Alex stayed there over Christmas and said it was really good, so hopefully you should have a good time.

Simon

Simon,

Although I haven't had chance yet to do it myself, I have several friends who have taken advantage of the residents dine and stay offers, and they too have all enjoyed it.   The entry level cabins are quite small but they do increase in size as you go up the available options....They are having a very busy time at the moment with all the Easter weekend activities (Alice in Wonderland based) closely followed by HM the Queen's birthday (complete with the Band of the Royal Marines performing) and next weekend the QE2's own 50th Anniversary....

Anne...

On 4/16/2019 at 11:17 PM, grayjay said:

Due to our flight landing in Dubai shortly before midnight, we'll be needing a hotel for the short night until we can join our cruise ship the following day. Easy accessibility from the airport ( Terminal 1) , a quiet room and a good breakfast as well as a short taxi ride to the port - we won't need more than that. We'd prefer a hotel shuttle to taking a taxi after arrival, if that is more convenient. than finding a taxi and counting out money after a long flight. But I'm not sure if the hotel shuttles will run all night.

As far as I have found out, Le Meridien Dubai seems to be nearest to the terminal, and there seem to be good hotels in Festival City: I saw Crowne Plaza Festival City, Intercontinental F.C. , Holiday Inn Festival City , all with good reviews and rates, as far as I could see.

Any recommendation for one of these four or even a different hotel?

Thank you for your answers.

I wouldn't recommend the InterContinental or any other hotel in Festival City as it'll be a longish (30 mins+) and expensive taxi ride from the hotel to the cruise terminal in the morning traffic. 

There are several hotels just a few minutes from the Dubai Cruise Terminal, most of them for under US $50/60 per night. The City Max Bur Dubai is 15 mins from the airport and 10mins from the cruise terminal and has a nice bar and restaurant. I only mention it because I've stayed there, but there loads of hotels in the area as you'll see in the attached pic.

The problem with staying anywhere near the airport itself is that you'll have to fight the rush hour traffic over the bridges in the morning.

And as the others have mentioned, there is the QE2 right next to the terminal within the port itself, and she is awesome (although I'm biased in her favour!). 

Most hotels in Dubai that are 3-star and above will provide you with a pick-up from the airport, some are complimentary and for others there's a charge. The City Max will provide a pick-up after midnight for AED125 per person (US $34) - but if you're prepared to wait in the taxi queue it'll be around half the price.

Untitled.png

Edited by ShaunDxb