Horseshoe Bay: Facilities hours/lines for transport at end of day

rwf1

In June, we plan to walk from Warwick Long Bay to Horseshoe Bay in the afternoon of a weekday.  I figure we will arrive to Horseshoe Bay between 5:00 and 6:00.  I am curious if we will encounter a mass exodus at that time, and encounter long waits for minibuses or taxis.

Also, I am unsure how the hours work at the beach.  Do the beaches actually close to the public after a certain time?  And what are the hours of the restrooms/changing rooms at Horseshoe Bay?  The Rum Bum Beach Bar website says they stay open to 7:00, but I wonder if that has not been updated because I feel that is later than I have read elsewhere.

Just trying to figure out what to expect.  If the walk takes us longer than we plan because we are enjoying the sights, then it would be nice to know how late we can arrive at Horseshoe Bay and still have access to food, restrooms and changing rooms.

I think you're risking finding few if any any mini buses if you arrive close to 6 as that's when the mini bus service is ending for the day.

I've never stayed that late in the afternoon so I can't say exactly how late the facilities stay open. Beach season doesn't really start until late May so you might want to check the Rum Bum's website then for this year's operating hours.

Yes, their website says they are already open until 7:00, but I just question if that is accurate.

And you have a good point that minibuses stop running around 6.

1 hour ago, rwf1 said:

Yes, their website says they are already open until 7:00, but I just question if that is accurate.

And you have a good point that minibuses stop running around 6.

My notes say 10AM to 6PM. What I suggest is sending them an email. They were good about answering emails last year.

info@rumbumbeachbar.com

As far as when the minibuses stop running I always asked  the morning driver how late and all the drivers the last few years said 5 or 5:30. I never stayed that late so I can't verify those times. 

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks, I did send an email but have not heard back.  The weird thing is their Facebook page advertised that they were open today until 7 which can't be right.  Anyway, I will see if they reply to me.