Jammed Ports - Would You Sale Mid-Week To Avoid Them ?

chasetf

Looking at the port schedules for the West Caribbean for instance, I notice there are days (usually mid week) where there are 6-8 ships in port. I have also noticed there are usually few if any on the weekends. The ships are back in FL or TX turning around.

Wonder why they do not turnaround some of the 7 dayers mid week so they would not be jamming up Cayman / Cozumel / Costa Maya during the week.

I know that would mean people would have to split their vacations (Wed - to - Wed) rather than (Mon - to - Mon) but ...

Would you be willing to sail mid-week so you could enjoy Grand Caymans without 20,000 other cruise passengers.???

Definitely!!

Since we are retired we are able to do 10 day cruises and I carefully check schedules as much as possible to try and avoid ports when there are a lot of cruise ships there. Unfortunately, even on 10 day cruises that isn't always possible. This fall we will be doing back-to-back cruises for 20 days and out of that time only one port will have 6 ships there the day we are there - St Thomas.

Archived