Seriously considering Tahiti to Ft. Lauderdale

Littleribbie

This would be a once in a life time trip for us. Princess is offering this on one of their older smaller ships which is fine as we did our first TA on an older NCL and now we love the older smaller ships. We live in Florida so this would be perfect...my hesitation is:  its in November 2020...any one with experience traveling in Nov. in the S.Pacific. This cruise is ideal as it also has us traveling through the Panama Canal which we originally wanted to do next year anyway. In order to do this we would get an inside cabin and try to stick to a budget...using the extra $$ for excursions and the like. Before I pull the trigger Im wondering if you know of any other lines that offer S.Pacific to Florida....or even California. It appears no one is selling them or Im just not seeing them...I cant believe most lines wouldn't have published all their 2020 cruises yet. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated...thanks so much

Oceania Regatta is also a small ship (600 passengers) and it's outstanding- dining, service, ambiance, but surely more expensive. It does it the other way around Miami to Papeete 10/14/19 so it also puts you in Tahiti in November. I'll tell you we just did a 17 day in Tahiti in November-December and the weather was outstanding, so don't discount cruising in November. One day of rain all day and some light showers here and there. It was perfect weather other than the heat and humidity- slightly warmer and the humidity higher in their summer, our winter. But I'd not hesitate to do it again.

One last thing Little. If you were wanting to just go Papeete to San Diego Holland America offers a 19 day cruise 3/15/20 Outside of the full price fare you can get on the HA website you can do much better booking with one of the many other online booking agencies like around $2100pp. The cruise also includes Huahine which is one of the most beautiful and unspoiled islands in Tahiti.