Time changes?

Auralee

Hi I am soon to board the legend to Alaska. I am wondering if the ship will set clocks back 1 hour from pst for port times in Alaska? Ie we are to leave port at 5pm .. would that be Juneau time or pst? Wondering if I’m needing to reschedule an excursion. 

24 minutes ago, Auralee said:

Hi I am soon to board the legend to Alaska. I am wondering if the ship will set clocks back 1 hour from pst for port times in Alaska? Ie we are to leave port at 5pm .. would that be Juneau time or pst? Wondering if I’m needing to reschedule an excursion. 

Generally, speaking the ship will be on whatever the time is in the port they are in.  So, you'd be departing in Pacific time, but do a time change to match up with the time in your port stops.

8 hours ago, Auralee said:

Tour operators are well aware of when a ship docks.  They've done this before, lots of practice.  Unless they specify otherwise, they usually ask to meet 1 hour after docking.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:30 AM, Auralee said:

They will let you know on the ship. I have been on 15 cruises and they have only changed the ship time once to account for the time change and that was in Alaska. So there is a possibility on your cruise they will. My cruise was on NCL out of Vancouver. The night before we got to Ketchikan the official ship time was changed. There was paperwork in the cabin about it to let everyone know.