Captain's reception on 7-day cruise?

smalltowner

This summer, my husband and I are sailing from Barcelona to Lisbon on Sirena, a 7-day cruise that visits ports we haven't been to before.  We have never before done such a short cruise, but it works out because we are visiting our son in Helsinki and traveling around with him before flying to Barcelona for the cruise.  It seemed a nice way to end our trip.  I'm wondering if there is a Captain's reception on such a short cruise, or a loyalty club party?  We have done 12 Oceania cruises so far, so are at the silver level.  Just thinking ahead to what our wine needs will be 😄.

25 minutes ago, smalltowner said:

This summer, my husband and I are sailing from Barcelona to Lisbon on Sirena, a 7-day cruise that visits ports we haven't been to before.  We have never before done such a short cruise, but it works out because we are visiting our son in Helsinki and traveling around with him before flying to Barcelona for the cruise.  It seemed a nice way to end our trip.  I'm wondering if there is a Captain's reception on such a short cruise, or a loyalty club party?  We have done 12 Oceania cruises so far, so are at the silver level.  Just thinking ahead to what our wine needs will be 😄.

25 minutes ago, smalltowner said:

its like the second day  6-8  as I recall  in all bars.    I guess you can go through the line and smile at the staff and they you.  I tend to just accept their comp drinks in Martinis or anywhere  the throng is not.  Pretty standard on all ships

So, you are saying there is a captain's reception.  I know how it works, and usually we don't go to the lounge for it anymore, just to Martini's, but I was wondering if they would have it on such a short cruise. Glad to hear they do.  Thanks.