Boarding time on Pride

Shoresan

I'll be on the Pride in August, coming from Jersey so basically same route as you...  From what I have been able to research, they typically start allowing cars to park around 11.  But that usually is dependent on how fast the previous cruise disembarks and gets on their way.  They won't open the parking lot until so many cars have already left.. I plan on leaving my house at 8am.

When you do the online check-in, you should be assigned a reporting time at the terminal.  They usually start allowing people in sometime after 11:30AM.  As others have stated, the parking lot usually opens around 11:00AM for new arrivals.  Cars cost $15 per night.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1036/~/baltimore-cruise-ship-terminal-directions-and-parking

The Pride is delayed frequently. We've experienced these times on our last 3 cruises from Baltimore:

1. Pride delayed. We weren't allowed to park until 2:00. When we arrived at 1:55 they sent us away. At 2:05 it was a madhouse and it took over an hour to get through and parked. We are platinum and boarded as soon as we got through that mess.

2. Pride delayed. We weren't allowed to park until around 1:00 and again it was a mess. We boarded as soon as we got through check in.

3. And one time there was no delay and we parked at 11:00.  But they didn't open the doors until 12:00. Then we waited a while (30 minutes I think) in the plat lounge.

So you never know!!

We live in NE PA and when I wake up I check the ships location to determine it will arrive in Baltimore so I can decide when to start our 3 hour drive.  I also track the ship a few cruises prior to our to see if they are arriving late.  The Pride is usually is scheduled to arrive in Baltimore at 10am, but if the weather is good it has been our experience it will arrive early.  On three or four of our Pride cruises we were driving home by 8:45am.  Think good vibes for good weather.

• Like 1

We'll be driving down from Harrisburg end of June..we'll leave here around 8. That gives us enough time to grab breakfast, get lost in Little Italy and get to the parking lot for 11:30ish. If they're running behind, just take a trip over to Fells Point and have a beer :)

11 hours ago, mjktg99 said:

What time of year have these cruises been?

The two cruises that were late were in April and November.  The one that was on time was in July.  A few years ago (before the hour change in departure time) we sailed 2 years in July and those were on time.  So we've been lucky with July cruises. 

And we did find a nice bar close by. For the November cruise we enjoyed part of football game while we drank our beer.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:31 AM, BigDoug said:

When you do the online check-in, you should be assigned a reporting time at the terminal.  They usually start allowing people in sometime after 11:30AM.  As others have stated, the parking lot usually opens around 11:00AM for new arrivals.  Cars cost $15 per night.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1036/~/baltimore-cruise-ship-terminal-directions-and-parking

Is the arrival time set in stone? If you get there earlier than your time will they turn you away? 

We have been on the Pride 9 times, our 10th is coming up this Sept.  I would stay the late returns happen most often in the spring, fall and winter time frames.  Two or three of our cruises had a delayed return due to weather.  Our latest returning Pride was when we had the USCG evacuate two people on the same  day but different times. 

13 hours ago, katpetal said:

Is the arrival time set in stone? If you get there earlier than your time will they turn you away? 

Pretty much.  For example, if you arrive at 12:30pm and your check-in time is for 1:30pm then you won't be allowed into the terminal until they start the 1:30pm check-ins.  There is limited space inside the terminal so they do restrict access until your check-in time.  There is a separate line for Platinum/Diamond and FTTF.

9 minutes ago, BigDoug said:

Pretty much.  For example, if you arrive at 12:30pm and your check-in time is for 1:30pm then you won't be allowed into the terminal until they start the 1:30pm check-ins.  There is limited space inside the terminal so they do restrict access until your check-in time.  There is a separate line for Platinum/Diamond and FTTF.

Thanks! Last time we cruised was before they implemented this arrival appointment stuff. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bobrunner said:

What is a good website to the track cruise ship?  We are staying half-hour away and will drive to port.  Sure don't want to get there and find no ship has arrived. 

Try seascannerdotcom

Edited by marylandfan20794

8 hours ago, Bobrunner said:

What is a good website to the track cruise ship?  We are staying half-hour away and will drive to port.  Sure don't want to get there and find no ship has arrived. 

Use this link and you can view the web cams too (make sure to book mark this Carnival official site)    http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/#ship/carnival-pride/cameras