large balconies??

sheilb4

I have just returned from a cruise on Carnival with the aft wraparound balcony suite...I am looking to book another cruise but need advise from cruisers that have experiences a similar sized balcony suite, on any other cruise line? please help me with advise as I haven't a clue who to check with. Thanks so much.

My main criteria is a large enough balcony to fit 2 sun loungers, a table/chairs, but open to the sun, not covered....Help please!!!

Having always sailed the aft--

Check out the balconies on the Voyager class aft.

We had 8292 and had 2 lounge chairs, 2 chairs and a table. Were able t0o host a party with about 20 people. http://www.travelingnuts.com/cruise/ship18.jpg

this cabin holds 3 people and is a D!

But be warned that these balconies over look a crew deck on deck 6-- you willnot be looking down at water. http://www.travelingnuts.com/cruise/ship13.jpg

The best cabin for this class ship is 1388 or the other corner.

If you go to the cabin selection board and do a search for Bonnie VOyager-- she can give you all the pictures of the aft on the VOyager class

I am book on Caribbean Princess on the aft Caribe deck

http://community.webshots.com/photo/102025550/102026088cVzlGt

its not as big as that wrap around balcony-- but see--it does have two lounge chairs 2 reg chairs and a full table--not those parsons table.. so sitting out here at the table for a meal is doable

Thanks so much for the info...neither of those cabins would be a choice for me unfortunately....need an open, uncovered balcony and def, need to see the water! LOL I was spoiled with the aft wrap I know but want to try another cruiseline, with a nice suite and balcony....

Thanks so much for the info...neither of those cabins would be a choice for me unfortunately....need an open, uncovered balcony and def, need to see the water! LOL I was spoiled with the aft wrap I know but want to try another cruiseline, with a nice suite and balcony....
We LOVED the aft Royal Family Suite on the Enchantment of the Seas (cabin 8666)... huge wraparound balcony with a great view to the side and to the aft, and the cabin itself was wonderful with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a nice living room with lots of glass. If you don't need such a large cabin, I would check into one of the other aft cabins on deck 7 or 8 of this ship. The corner aft cabins on deck 7 also have wrap-around balconies, I think. The ship itself is newly enlarged and updated and was very nice.

• 1 month later...

get a book with the ship's deck plans, or go online to each cruise line. Look at the aft part of the ship...the plans will show the large balconys. Then go to that particular website on CC and ask...someone will be able to confirm for you.

Check out HAL's Vista class aft suites.(Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam) HAL has very large suite with very large balconies. The Vista class ships are built with a "Wedding Cake" design in the back so the aft suites are uncovered.

You may want to check out other ships that have this design. They will have the uncovered verandahs.

Linda

I am going on the Caribbean Princess in July and have the Dolphin deck mini suite that has a completely open balcony that is open with 2 lounge chairs a table and two reg. chairs. Hoping to get lots of sun.

Happy cruising

Cathy P

On the Millennium class ships of Celebrity, they have large open balconies at the aft of the ship. Or you could go with their Penthouse Suites where the balcony completely wraps around one side of the ship and is 1100sqft. with a large hot tub.

Archived