Question about B2B cruises

taram999

I'm booked on my first B2B cruise, but they are different Cruise lines out of Port of Miami.  What's the best way to get between terminals? Is it walkable?  Is there a shuttles service?   Thanks in advance. 

I've never seen a shuttle service in Miami, and although you could get a taxi to take you one terminal to the other, I doubt they would be very happy.  The terminals are all in a line, so unless your ships are at the far ends from each other, and you have a ton of luggage, it would be walkable.  At a slow pace.  EM

This has been asked a few times on the boards. Rather than link the half dozen I just read over, here is the summary version:

1. In the past, some people have been able to convince the concierge or porters to help them transfer between ships. But that was back in 2012, quiet a few said that was no longer an option.
  2. A lot of people just walk it. One person did say: "never again."
  3. A lot of people will get a cab or uber and tip extra if just going from ship to ship. However, some will use the time to go get sodas or wine from the store. Or even go to a hotel for a few hours, if they can't check in for awhile on the second ship.

If you'd like to read over the various threads yourself. Here is the google search that I used.

We did this in FLL.  Different port but similar setup.  We simply wandered out of the terminal with our luggage, got a taxi, and told him which ship to go to.  He wasn't too impressed as the trip was short and the fare quite low but a generous tip cured that.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...