Late flight from San Diego

seahappy08

We have booked Celebrity transport and air for a late flight to the UK next March. Anyone who did this in March this year, did they give you a day hotel and what time did you depart the ship in the morning? Or did they offer any day trips for people on late flights.

I really don't have an answer to your questions but given you have no responses, I thought I could give you a bit of information which may, or may not be helpful.

You ask about day trips.  I can tell you that where you port is very close to several sites within walking distance.  You can visit the USS Midway which is a decommissioned Navy Vessel which has docents who lead tours.  Seaport Village is an area of unique shops.  The Star of India is an old historical ship which you can tour.  There are a couple of others in the same area. (Berkeley?) There is a ferry that will take you from Broadway Pier over to Coronado Island.  The ferry landing has some shops and across the street from the landing is "Tartine" which is a restaurant that I can recommend for lunch.  Of course there is also Il Fornio or Peohes which are great and have fabulous views.  You can Uber down from there (or take the bus along Orange ave) to the World Famous Hotel Del Coronado.  Have a drink on the patio with ocean views or get lost in this historic hotel. If you are walkers, you could book a "Bite San Diego" tour of Coronado which will fill you up and give you some local history and lore of the Island.

Good luck.  Have fun

Miriam

20 hours ago, mimbecky said:

I really don't have an answer to your questions but given you have no responses, I thought I could give you a bit of information which may, or may not be helpful.

You ask about day trips.  I can tell you that where you port is very close to several sites within walking distance.  You can visit the USS Midway which is a decommissioned Navy Vessel which has docents who lead tours.  Seaport Village is an area of unique shops.  The Star of India is an old historical ship which you can tour.  There are a couple of others in the same area. (Berkeley?) There is a ferry that will take you from Broadway Pier over to Coronado Island.  The ferry landing has some shops and across the street from the landing is "Tartine" which is a restaurant that I can recommend for lunch.  Of course there is also Il Fornio or Peohes which are great and have fabulous views.  You can Uber down from there (or take the bus along Orange ave) to the World Famous Hotel Del Coronado.  Have a drink on the patio with ocean views or get lost in this historic hotel. If you are walkers, you could book a "Bite San Diego" tour of Coronado which will fill you up and give you some local history and lore of the Island.

Good luck.  Have fun

Miriam

Thanks, just need somewhere for the luggage but your suggestions are helpful.