Anyone had success with carnival price match and dolphin swim in Cozumel?

Tgrmom123

I cross posted this on the Cozumelpage but it’s kind of Carnival specific. 

So it looks like it’s sooo much cheaper to book directly with Dolphin discovery in Cozumel than through carnival...no big surprise there.  But the excursion looks to be exactly the same except one transportation is provided and one is not.  (Both at Chankanaab). 

My question has has anyone had specific experience getting the price match guarantee for that excursion?  Or will the transportation hold it back?  

Its $125/adult, 99/kid through carnival and 96/adult, 66/child through their website.  The kid price is where the sticker shock is.  Is transportation really worth that much of a difference? 

I've never tried that particular excursion but I have tried one that (at the time) was listed as starting from somewhere besides the cruise terminal.  I've heard its truly dependent on who is doing the review, but I put a note in nicely saying a taxi wasn't $30something a person- i don't remember the exact amount, the independent excursion has since changed.  I ended up getting $24 and change a person for OBC, so I assumed they took out what they felt was fair value for the taxi, I don't really know.  I didn't push it further because that seemed fair to me for an excursion that didn't match up directly.

But, for your excursion, have you considered booking directly?  I've seen some sales where you can get the photo package included, and that would be a big savings and no way you'd get that with the Carnival excursion.  Also, the one time I was at Chaankanaab there were taxis lined up waiting to take people back to the ship- I don't know if that happens all day long or just towards the end of the day, but you wouldn't have to coordinate with a driver or anyone to come back for you, I don't think. 

I posted a similar thread about a week ago. Ours was for an excursion at a different port. The company carnival uses is the same company I looked at separately. The excursion was exactly the same but specified they didn’t pick up from port and cruise passengers had to arrange the excursion through the cruise line (basically just the transportation, just like in our scenario). Carnival did accept the price match and refunded us money to our on board account (assuming they deducted a bit worth of the transport. But again, like yours, the price of a child was dramatically different and they did refund us).