Royal Caribbean Stock

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I would like to purchase some RCL stock. Are there any perks? And in your opinions, is it a wise investment?

I am not,looking to make a killing overnight, just a long term investment.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I would like to purchase some RCL stock. Are there any perks? And in your opinions, is it a wise investment?

I am not,looking to make a killing overnight, just a long term investment.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes there are perks like onboard credits for owning at least 100 shares of Royal Caribbean stock. It´s called shareholder benefit.

Details can be reviewed here

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit_2005.pdf

If it´s a good investment nobody can answer but yourself. My rule is always trust nobody elses opinion when it comes to financial decisions especially stock investments.

If you are looking into a stock investment look into company details etc. to make your decision.

Just one note, don´t base your decision on the shareholder benefit. Even a 200 Dollar onboard credit is already gone away once the stock price drops for 2 Dollars (based on the 100 shares needed for the shareholder benefit)

To me it was a good investment and paid of as the stock price went up since I bought them, I got already 800 in shareholder benefits, with another 400 coming this year and I get the dividend paid 4 times a year.

But this might not focus your situation.

The primary perk is the onboard credit you will receive on every RCI or Celebrity cruise you take while you own at least 100 shares of the stock. At present they are also paying a quarterly dividend which was recently raised from 13 cents to 15 cents per share. The price of the stock has risen significantly from the level it was at when we bought it a few years ago and while it has dropped some from its high in the mid-fifties and has settled in in the low to mid-forties over the past several months, it is still quite a bit higher than what I originally paid for it. I certainly wouldn't expect to see a big increase in value in the near future. If you buy the stock look at it as a long-time investment or a source of onboard credits if you cruise RCI or Celebrity on a frequent basis.

There was another thread on this topic not too long ago, that's when I made up my mind to purchase some stock as a long term investment and for the perks. I went ahead and purchased through the link on RCCI's investor page. After some relatively quick research, they had one of the least expensive ways to make the purchases.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=100&layout=9

There's a link to their page about investor relations. Please don't flame me about this investement company is better or worse, or whatever. I'm looking for info, too, if you know a better way.

Wraithe

I just bought 100 shares, but in reading the shareholder benefits for a cruise, it states the shares must have been purchased by April of 2005. Is this true, or does the time frame keep getting updated yearly? I plan to keep the stock long term, but would like to use the benefits also.

I just bought 100 shares, but in reading the shareholder benefits for a cruise, it states the shares must have been purchased by April of 2005. Is this true, or does the time frame keep getting updated yearly? I plan to keep the stock long term, but would like to use the benefits also.

As you expected, the time frame keeps getting extended. As long as you own at least 100 shares of their stock when you book your cruise and when you sail, you are eligible for the benefit.

most getting $200-$300 onboard credit, we have already made back half of what we paid for the stock. It is TAX FREE! The lousy $15.00 for 100 shares of dividend is taxed. So in another 2 years & at 20 cruises, we will have made back what we paid for the stock. We hope they raise the amount for Diamond & Diamond Plus members.....

Thanks for your answers. I also e-mailed RCI and just got this reply today:

So long as you can show us a recent statement or purchase statement you are OK. It does not need to be purchased by a certain date. I apologize for the confusion. You can just email me the statement with your booking information and I'll take care of it.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

You can bet I will be sending in my information. $200 extra in onboard credit is great!

Archived