Carnival Didn't Come Through...Should I Just Let it Go?

texas greeneyes

So you left your family before dessert arrived?

Why didn't you ask them? :confused:

Last question... were you in a suite or something? I can't imagine hosting a surprise shower with 3 cakes in a tiny cabin.

Great post looking forward to the answers. Credit Card Company will place hold if disputed but in the end it won't get credited.

My 2 cents (for what it's worth) and the OP COULD have done this - but I saw no mention of it (I'm sure someone will point it out if I missed it).

Hindsight is 20/20. Here is what I have learned. If I was planning something BIG (or small) and had a VERY SPECIFIC REQUEST I would verify/confirm that everything was on track as soon as I got onboard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would let it go. I'm not saying that Carnival holds no blame in messing the order up - just that it's not worth the heartburn.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you want something specific NEVER order it through the website - call and speak to someone (not saying the OP ordered online).

I ordered an anniversary cake several weeks before our cruise to be delivered to our table on our anniversary at dinner. However, there must have been some mix up because it did not arrive. Our waiters knew that it was our anniversary and asked about a cake. I told them that I had previously ordered it and they checked for me. They came back and told me about the mix up, but not to worry. I had only ordered a small heart shape since it was only the two of us. A few minutes later, both of our waiters came to the table with the Maitre' D (Dario) (we were on the Fantasy) and they brought us a large cake that was decorated with lots of chocolate decorations, and Happy Anniversary! They really went the extra mile! Then when we got home, we called Carnival and told them what a wonderful job these people did. To our surprise they sent us a 45 day letter that we plan to use on our next Anniversary cruise that we can redeem for a small gift! As far as the people being rude, that is uncalled for, but I know we all have our days, and maybe the person was just having a really bad day or not feeling well. Hopefully, you still had a wonderful cruise.

I vote for letting it go.

Of course, I'm the type that decides to worry about things I can change and let go of the things I cannot. You cannot change the fact the cakes were delivered in error. You cannot change a persons rude personality.

Your cruise was fun, with a couple of glitches, focus on the positive and forget the little things that happened. Keep your life as happy and stress free as you can.

Congratulations to your sister on her pregnancy and I hope everyone is healthy.

Archived