HAL Amsterdam -- Updated Bathrooms in Oceanview Cabins

jennaja

We're considering a 14 day Alaskan cruise on the HAL Amsterdam.  Does anyone know if the bathrooms in the oceanview cabins have been renovated, and if so, which ones? 

We did this cruise on the Amsterdam many years ago, and felt the cabin (that we had) was in dire need of renovation.

We aren't booked yet, so if anyone has photos of the bathrooms and specific cabin numbers, we would appreciate it.

Thanks for the link to Halfacts.  Most of the pics are circa 2012 -- only saw one with a renovated bathroom.

Anyone on the Amsterdam since it was renovated, that can comment on the oceanview bathrooms?

While not an official list I believe that some D & all CA rooms on Lower Promenade and all C & some DA rooms on Main were updated along with all Neptune and Vista Suites.  BEst best - book a C or CA room if you want the refreshed bath - anything else is a gamble. 

I have contacted ship services and told no list of renovated bathrooms was available ....

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

While not an official list I believe that some D & all CA rooms on Lower Promenade and all C & some DA rooms on Main were updated along with all Neptune and Vista Suites.  BEst best - book a C or CA room if you want the refreshed bath - anything else is a gamble. 

Yes, I got the same response from ship services.  Our travel agent didn't know either.

We really like HAL's Alaska itinerary, but HAL is our least favorite cruise line.  We sailed on this ship approx. 15 years ago, and didn't care for it back then. That  14 day cruise on this ship had torrential rains + dense fog for 13 of the 14 days, and it wasn't much fun with the drab old cabin and lack of daytime activities on the ship.