Gem haven question

meglet

Can the magrodome over the Haven pool be opened? (At least that's what I think the covering is called.) I'm wondering about that indoor pool smell and how the enclosed area might make the area extra loud.  Sailing to Bermuda, so we should have some nice weather to have it open.  Thanks in advance.

The roof doesn't open that much, only about 10 ft or so.  That's plenty to air it out and get a breeze, but only a few of the deck chairs will get direct sun.  You can take the stairs up to the Haven sun deck on 15 if you want a tan but it can get quite breezy up there when the ship's underway.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:56 PM, dexddd said:

Even with it closed I never really thought it smelled to pool like you sometimes get at hotels.

That's because the pool's that have what most consider the traditional heavy "pool" or heavy chlorine smell is due to improper sanitation by those using the pool.  Not showering prior to using the pool, urinating in the pool, etc. are the causes of this smell.  Here's a link to a discussion on this "pool" smell.  So it's a good thing you don't smell this in the Haven pool.

https://chlorine.americanchemistry.com/Science-Center/Chlorine-Compound-of-the-Month-Library/Chloramines-Understanding-Pool-Smell/

Edited by TiiiSailor
Additional material added.