dining reservations help

summercruisin'

I am booked on the Epic in June and got the "free" specialty dining package.  However, every time I look online, the website says the specialty restaurants are "not available to book."  I started looking 120 days out, then checked again and again.  Made sure to go look on the 90 day mark (no change) and have checked every few days since.  What am I missing?  What good is there to having the package if I can't get reservations?  And if I can't ever get in, can I get a refund on the prepaid service charge for my "free" dining package that I don't get to use?

TIA!

I can't help on why you can't book at the moment. There have been occasional reports on here of people not being able to book, but nothing that offers an explanation.

Have you joined your roll call? If so, then maybe ask there is anyone else has been able to book. That will help tell whether it is just you, or if they are late opening reservations for the whole cruise.

The only other thing I can suggest for advance reservations is phoning NCL. They may be able to do them.

However, if you don't manage too make reservations then all is not lost,. They only open a percentage of spaces for reserving before boarding, You will likely be able to get your reservations once you board. Don't be panicked by stories of things selling out 120 days out. Last time we were on the Epic in the Med we reserved Teppenyaki for day 6 on day 5. I'm not saying it is always that open, but the stories you may read on here of every restaurant being fully booked months in advance are greatly exaggerated.

Just got off the Epic this weekend. Dining reservations were never available on line.

I called in between 90 and60 days out and got reservations over the phone.

On mega ships it is usually a good idea to reserve early. While there may be some

reservations available once you are on board, they are often not for the time you want,

If you are unable to book before sailing, just go to one of the restaurant reservation desks they will have set up on the first day. You will still be able to get reservations for the times you want as long as you book early on embarkation day.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

If you are unable to book before sailing, just go to one of the restaurant reservation desks they will have set up on the first day. You will still be able to get reservations for the times you want as long as you book early on embarkation day.

True.  Or, just show up at one of the restaurants when you're ready to eat.  If they can't seat you, just go to another one.

The other thing to keep an eye on, throughout the ship, there will be screens that show the times when all of the restaurants are crowded and when the best times are to show up to dine (based on how busy they are).