Out of San Juan question

Cookson

I know flying to Puerto Rico you don’t need a passport(my wife and I have one anyway) but we are bringing our 9 year old. Flying is the same... no needed documents for him to fly to or from. Is this the same for a cruise departing San Juan and visiting other Caribbean island? I know we need to bring his birth certificate but he doesn’t have a passport... making sure he’ll be all good to go with just the birth certificate. Is a closed loop cruise. Carnival Fascination in September.

Edited by Cookson

Here is the rules per Carnival.  Since your son is under 16, you only are required to bring the birth certificate.

AND

Photo Identification

A non-expired government-issued photo I.D. is required of all guests 16 years of age and older. The following are acceptable:

• Driver's License (a temporary Driver's License withphoto is acceptable)
  • Driver's Permit
  • School/Student I.D. (acceptable for guests 16/17/18 years of age)
  • Government-issued identification card (city/state/federal)
  • Government-issued Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card (NEXUS/SENTRI/FAST) - for photo identification use only

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3409/session/L3RpbWUvMTU1NjUwMTA2MC9zaWQvZlVPbzlmNjd6ZHFSbGhMOHYlN0VUaDlmQWJLblU3RXg2WXNQYWdNNkpyWjQ5UGl0b1olN0VIVXg2Y3NRSFB3NjJzdzd1WWNGWUY2MGJpcWtWVEQ3MEpwRGw1QmM0VjdRSXdTb2NKTDh1c0k4TVg4bDFhbnlBVSU3RVN5SDhnJTIxJTIx

2 hours ago, Cookson said:

I know flying to Puerto Rico you don’t need a passport(my wife and I have one anyway) but we are bringing our 9 year old. Flying is the same... no needed documents for him to fly to or from. Is this the same for a cruise departing San Juan and visiting other Caribbean island? I know we need to bring his birth certificate but he doesn’t have a passport... making sure he’ll be all good to go with just the birth certificate. Is a closed loop cruise. Carnival Fascination in September.

Hi,

Still and as always, i recommend a passport!!

Go Cards

Mike