RCI Check-In

Hello!  I am booked on Ovation of the Seas for next April.  This will be my first time with RCI, however have sailed many times before with HAL, Princess and Celebrity.  I was surprised to find that I can't get started on my Check-in until 90 days before cruise.  On other cruises, I have been able to start entering details pretty much as soon as my booking is confirmed and I have a booking number.  Is this the norm with RCI?  Obviously it's not a problem, but I am just curious as I am one that likes to get all the boxes "ticked" as soon as I can!!

Regards

Jan

53 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

90 days is when check in opens on all cruises.

I assume you mean all RCI cruises?  Because with my upcoming HAL cruise, I was able to complete all details such as passport, emergency contact, credit card details, pre and post cruise flights etc when booking, which was back in October last year.  Of course boarding passes cannot be printed until closer to the sailing date.  From memory with HAL that is around 50 days before sailing.

Until a few years ago you could enter your check in details as soon as you had a number but they changed it to ninety days before sailing.  You can of course book things such as shows, excursions etc as soon as they appear in your planner.

35 minutes ago, NaughtyNanna said:

I assume you mean all RCI cruises?  Because with my upcoming HAL cruise, I was able to complete all details such as passport, emergency contact, credit card details, pre and post cruise flights etc when booking, which was back in October last year.  Of course boarding passes cannot be printed until closer to the sailing date.  From memory with HAL that is around 50 days before sailing.

Of course he means all Royal Caribbean cruises.  That was your question, right?  It's the norm for RC.  90 days for the online check-in.  Docs and luggage tags usually appear at the 49 day mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKWLDCruise said:

Until a few years ago you could enter your check in details as soon as you had a number but they changed it to ninety days before sailing.  You can of course book things such as shows, excursions etc as soon as they appear in your planner.

Thank you!  Nothing much in Planner at the moment.  It's a long way out though!

Regards

Jan

58 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Of course he means all Royal Caribbean cruises.  That was your question, right?

Wow!!  I just wanted to clarify "all" cruises.  Sorry if you found my question superfluous.  🙄