Bit random...nail salons

tigergrl0204

My daughters and I were going to wait to get pedicures once we're in Miami since we get there 2 days early. Does anyone know of any nail salons that have kids chairs? We're staying in the Brickell area.  I did do a Google search, but not many show photos of the salon, or mention children's pedicures. Thank you!

As someone who lives in Brickell and gets mani/pedis all the time, I can tell you that I have never seen any salon here that has kids chairs.  There are quite a few nail salons here in the area and I've been in just about all of them and that's not something that I have ever seen.  

I've also never seen kids getting pedicure, just a manicure.

Sorry, I couldn't help with that info.  

If you have some salons in mind, I can tell you if they are clean or nice.  Prices for pedicures start at  $45 and up around here.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

16 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

As someone who lives in Brickell and gets mani/pedis all the time, I can tell you that I have never seen any salon here that has kids chairs.  There are quite a few nail salons here in the area and I've been in just about all of them and that's not something that I have ever seen.  

I've also never seen kids getting pedicure, just a manicure.

Sorry, I couldn't help with that info.  

If you have some salons in mind, I can tell you if they are clean or nice.  Prices for pedicures start at  $45 and up around here.

Thank you so much for responding!!!! That stinks that they don't.  It's becoming a thing here in Vegas, and my girls only get them  for special occasions. Maybe we'll just get them before we leave, though I would have loved to get them while there. What are good kid friendly beaches around there? I'd like to do an easy beachy day (we have 3 kids), but have no clue about the area. We will be using Uber to get around. Thanks!

There are some beautiful beaches over on Key Biscayne. It’s amazing to think you are so close to a city. 

https://www.miamiandbeaches.com/things-to-do/beaches/beach-day-key-biscayne-virginia-key

South Pointe Park is beautiful as well. You can actually watch the cruise ships leave from here! 

https://www.miamiandbeaches.com/things-to-do/detail/south-pointe-park/7336a0ba-1169-468a-b664-ce968f90e943

Not sure which hotel you are staying at in Brickell but they are probably both about the same Uber wise depending on which beach you choose on Key Biscayne. 

Traffic over to the SouthBeach area has been a killer lately due to construction on one of the bridges, so depending on when you come, Key Biscayne May be much easier. 

3 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Not sure which hotel you are staying at in Brickell but they are probably both about the same Uber wise depending on which beach you choose on Key Biscayne. 

Traffic over to the SouthBeach area has been a killer lately due to construction on one of the bridges, so depending on when you come, Key Biscayne May be much easier. 

YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day/night to give me such a detailed response. We're staying at the Hampton Inn. I will start looking at Key Biscayne.  

Just now, tigergrl0204 said:

YOU ARE AMAZING! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day/night to give me such a detailed response. We're staying at the Hampton Inn. I will start looking at Key Biscayne.  

You are very welcome! 

I live very, very close to the Hampton Inn and can see the bridge and Key Biscayne. It’s a very pretty Island. 

You will enjoy the area around your hotel. There are two Publix grocery stores and a CVS and Walgreens all within walking distance if you need anything. 

Lots of restaurants and a beautiful high end mall very close by called Brickell  Citi Centre. 

Just now, Host CJSKIDS said:

Lots of restaurants and a beautiful high end mall very close by called Brickell  Citi Centre. 

Did you not just read that we're staying at the Hampton Inn....High End is not in our vocabulary! hahaha  I actually did look at that mall because they have a salon for kids there that has great reviews.  My husband would love to try a good Cuban place, so if you know of any, that'd be great. We really try to eat at mom and pop places when we travel and are open to most types of food, so if you have any suggestions, i'd love to hear them! I may try to get out for a date night dinner with just him and I, but most likely we'll have our 3 kiddos. We're bound to forget a lot of stuff, so that's wonderful news that there's a few places close by to grab things! Maybe a weird question, but what time do bars/restaurants typically close out there? 

There are some stores in that mall that you would find in any regular mall. It’s a pretty mall if you want to walk around. 

Some of the bars around here close at 5 am on weekends, so it’s a later crowd. Many of the restaurants are still serving until late at night as well. 

There is a Cuban restaurant very close by and very reasonable called Latin Cafe 2000. Sergio’s is at the bottom of the hotel building, it’s more a take out place and I haven’t tried anything from there. Nothing of course beats Versailles in Little Havana. 

Mister01 is great pizza. Gets crowded. Locally owned. 

Ill have to think about others. 

Now date night, so many choices!