Still Confused about FTTF Boarding

I have purchased FTTF for our July cruise out of Charleston.  When I filled in our check-in information, I was given a choice of arrival times, with the earliest available time being noon.  But from what I've red on these boards, it sounds like that doesn't apply if your have FTTF.  So what time should we arrive at the terminal?  We are travelling with a restless toddler, so I want the process to be as fast and easy as possible.  Any suggestions as to the best time to arrive?

Get there as soon as check in begins.  With FTTF you can check in as soon as they open, so ignore the "Check-in time" on the boarding pass.

There will be a separate waiting area for FTTF guests and You will actually BOARD after Diamond/ Platinum and Suite guests.

Alternatively, if you really want it to be as easy and fast as possible, arrive LATER, after 1:00 or so and you should breeze on through and get right on the ship.

Edited by K&RCurt

Everyone has to pick a check-in time online, even priority passengers (to include FTTF). Carnival prefers that everyone choose a check-in time that corresponds with the actual time you'll arrive at the terminal. This just helps the staggered check-in system work as efficiently as possible. But yes, priority passengers (Plat./Dia./FTTF) are allowed in the terminal before their chosen check-in time if it comes to that.

When you arrive, there should be a separate line for priority. Just ask one of the Carnival personnel if you don't know where to go. You'll go through security, then to the check-in counter, which goes pretty fast these days. As has been said, priority passengers will have a separate waiting room. Then it's just a matter of waiting for the ship to be cleared before they begin boarding. You'll go after wedding parties, Platinum/Diamond, & suites, but those typically go pretty fast. Actual boarding times vary. Generally, I think the average they start is around 11:00-11:30, but lately there have been some reports of it being a little later. Especially with the two Vista class ships. We had FTTF last year out of Miami and got to the terminal around 9:30-9:45. There were about 10 people ahead of us in the priority line. So if you arrive earlier, you'll be near the front of the line, but will have to wait a little longer in the waiting area. It'd probably be easier to manage a toddler there than standing in line. As the other person said, if you want to sail right through security/check-in and walk on board without a wait (or very little wait), you'll have to show up in the early afternoon.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As mentioned by the last two posters, if you show up around 1 PM, you will most likely not stop moving from the time you get to the terminal until the time you walk on the ship. 

Even if you show up at noon, you should be able to walk right on the ship after checking in.  Because you have FTTF,  you can go right to your cabin and settle in. 

With a restless toddler, I wouldn't advise getting there any earlier.  Even adults get restless waiting to board.  You didn't mention what port you are sailing from.  The waiting area for FTTF is different at each port.  At most of the ports that we've sailed from, FTTF is seated in the general area, but off to the side.  

I went out of charleston in april. I have priority boarding. they don't open parking lot at that terminal until around 10:30. You park your car, then are shuttled to terminal. There is a separate line for priority, process was pretty fast. We were on the ship by a little after 11:00.

Pat