Maitre D - Generoso Mazzone

On the Royal! We love all of the times we have had the luck to have Generoso on our ship. I love the Royal, live in CA and can see MANY reasons to get back on it ASAP 😃

Yes, he is on the Royal!  He is wonderful.  We are on our last sea day today on the Royal, and he has been excellent.  We were at the Chef's Table earlier in the cruise, and he is a wonderful host!

image.thumb.png.f4ad08ba4b3a17c9c7562ab08f609eed.png

• Like 1

I just returned from the 4/27 cruise and agree with all of the above comments and then some.  Question, did any of you tip him extra at the end of the cruise?  I was uncertain as he is a Ship's Officer I don't believe he is in the tipping pool and was uncertain what the protocol is.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I just returned from the 4/27 cruise and agree with all of the above comments and then some.  Question, did any of you tip him extra at the end of the cruise?  I was uncertain as he is a Ship's Officer I don't believe he is in the tipping pool and was uncertain what the protocol is.

No. He is senior management on the ship.  By now, he will be well-compensated in a totally different comp plan than regular crew members.  No more than you would tip the Captain for getting the ship to a port 10 minutes ahead of schedule.  If you let him know you appreciate his work ethic then great.  You can also includes comments to Princess, but I think they already know what a treasure he is.

53 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

No. He is senior management on the ship.  By now, he will be well-compensated in a totally different comp plan than regular crew members.  No more than you would tip the Captain for getting the ship to a port 10 minutes ahead of schedule.  If you let him know you appreciate his work ethic then great.  You can also includes comments to Princess, but I think they already know what a treasure he is.

Thanks, that's what I thought, that tipping might be viewed as an insult.

2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

Thanks, that's what I thought, that tipping might be viewed as an insult.

Sorry guys I have never tip him less the $$$. You won’t believe how much he appreciated it. We also appreciate  all the little things that make your cruise so much better that he did for us. 

Tony

07B705CB-804C-47B4-B39C-4C6E9FFAD69D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 7:35 AM, johnsuttoncoldfield said:

I have just received an email from Generoso confirming he is currently on Royal... you will therefore indeed be well looked after!  

Are you able to share his e-mail address?  I was recently on the Royal and would like to thank him again for his excellent service.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:37 PM, 1emerald1 said:

We had a stop in Santa Barbara & I bought him a bottle of wine.