Coxen Hole from Noon to 6PM - Ideas?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

Next month, we will be docked in Coxen Hole in Roatan from Noon to 6PM on the MSC Armonia. I am looking for a way to spend my day. This trip, I am planning to splurge on our two days in Havana, which means I am looking for something cheap to do while docked in Roatan. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have ever been on a catamaran and I am looking to try one this trip, can someone suggest a company that has some cheap tours? If there's nothing very cheap offered by a tour company? Would a beach trip be worth it? I can't see being ata  beach for only a few hours when I could just do the same in Cozumel or Costa Maya for the same price for 3 more hours. What is there to do in the vicinity of the port? Any beaches I could walk to?

Sorry for having so many questions, I have only been to Mahogany Bay in Roatan, so I do not know what to expect. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me!

Both shoreexcursioner and discover roatan offer catamaran tours.  Google both. Or check Trip Advisor for information.  These are generally reliable excursion middlemen type firms who book you with smaller local vendors. Prices are usually lower than cruise ship excursions.

As far as beaches, best beaches in Roatan are in West Bay a 25 minute taxi ride from Coxen Hole.  There is a bar/beach club within walking distance of the port.   I've never been there and haven't seen a lot of reviews about it.

Think it opened about a year or so ago. 

8 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Both shoreexcursioner and discover roatan offer catamaran tours.  Google both. Or check Trip Advisor for information.  These are generally reliable excursion middlemen type firms who book you with smaller local vendors. Prices are usually lower than cruise ship excursions.

As far as beaches, best beaches in Roatan are in West Bay a 25 minute taxi ride from Coxen Hole.  There is a bar/beach club within walking distance of the port.   I've never been there and haven't seen a lot of reviews about it.

Think it opened about a year or so ago. 

How much would a taxi run us each way? There are 4 of us, and only 2 of us will likely need beach chairs, the other 2 will likely be fine on towels in the sand. And do lots of the clubs have entrance fees, or do they just want you to purchase a chair or lunch/drinks? Any club suggestions?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions! :)

13 hours ago, OceansOfTravels said:

How much would a taxi run us each way? There are 4 of us, and only 2 of us will likely need beach chairs, the other 2 will likely be fine on towels in the sand. And do lots of the clubs have entrance fees, or do they just want you to purchase a chair or lunch/drinks? Any club suggestions?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions! 🙂

If you are considering West Bay, tis thread may be of help. 

There isn’t much near the port to walk to. Maya Cay is just across the harbor, but not inexpensive. Your best option might be Victor Bodden Tours. Reasonably priced And can be customized to what you want to see. If you have not been to the monkey, Sloth and Iguana sanctuaries, they are definitely worth a visit