Silent Disco?

They at least used to have it on Freedom, but it's been since October 2015 for me so I'm not sure if they still have it. Since then I've been on Liberty 4 times and it hasn't been offered.

They had it on Symphony last week. Not as good as on Celebrity, only 2 channels one is always salsa and the other hip hop that appealed to the 20 somethings, but I found it boring. I really enjoyed the variety on Celebrity and NCL much more.

Was on night 2 and night 6 of our Symphony cruise last week.  Very well attended and people seemed to be enjoying it. We thought it was a great concept and enjoyed it some but we are picky when it comes to DJs. The DJs skills can make or break the party as will their music choices.

27 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

What is a "silent disco"

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Dancers wear headphones and can choose from 2 or 3 different music streams.

It's a rather fun thing to attend at least once to see if you enjoy it!  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

What is a "silent disco"

The participants are given headphones. There are two or three channels and the type of music you hear depends on the channel you choose. Only the people with headsets can hear the music. Pick a channel and start dancing. Looks like there is a bunch of people having seizures. 

Seeing it once was once too many times.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Dancers wear headphones and can choose from 2 or 3 different music streams.

43 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

It's a rather fun thing to attend at least once to see if you enjoy it!  :classic_laugh:

14 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The participants are given headphones. There are two or three channels and the type of music you hear depends on the channel you choose. Only the people with headsets can hear the music. Pick a channel and start dancing. Looks like there is a bunch of people having seizures. 

Seeing it once was once too many times.

Well thanks for the informative replies. I know now what to go out of my way to avoid LOL. Maybe it's just not meant for someone like me, but I just cannot see the appeal in such an activity, like even seeing it would make me embarrassed for the poor bastards participating in such a thing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ibonexheadi said:

Well thanks for the informative replies. I know now what to go out of my way to avoid LOL. Maybe it's just not meant for someone like me, but I just cannot see the appeal in such an activity, like even seeing it would make me embarrassed for the poor bastards participating in such a thing. 

Happily, you don't have to go and can enjoy doing something else.  :classic_wink: