Suite question

sryan

I am booked on Pride of America in a suite that sails in 2 weeks. I booked my mom yesterday. I tried to add her to my suite but NCL said they could not add her to my suite due to already at maximum lifeboat capacity and only had an inside guaranty so I booked that. Ship is now sold out. My mom is elderly and 50% deaf so she will be with me all day and just sleep in her cabin and may even stay in mine. We like to eat breakfast in the restaurant designated for suites. I was told by NCL that she can eat with us for a few ,which is fine. Has anyone done this before?.  I just want make sure I know ahead of time that this should not be an issue.

Thank You

It really depends. Technically, she's not allowed to eat there but they may accommodate her, occasionally. Speak with the Concierge when you board and let them know the situation. They'll likely allow it, as it's only one person.

Agree that the concierge  is the gatekeeper to the suite perks outside the cabin and without a Haven, there is no reason why she could not spend time in your suite. However this cruise is very port intensive so time spent in the cabin is minimal.

12 hours ago, sryan said:

I am booked on Pride of America in a suite that sails in 2 weeks. I booked my mom yesterday. I tried to add her to my suite but NCL said they could not add her to my suite due to already at maximum lifeboat capacity and only had an inside guaranty so I booked that. Ship is now sold out. My mom is elderly and 50% deaf so she will be with me all day and just sleep in her cabin and may even stay in mine. We like to eat breakfast in the restaurant designated for suites. I was told by NCL that she can eat with us for a few ,which is fine. Has anyone done this before?.  I just want make sure I know ahead of time that this should not be an issue.

Thank You

I sailed in the Family Suite about 4 yrs ago and my friends (a couple) had an Oceanview stateroom. NCL allowed them to priority board with my family and allowed my two friends to eat with us daily in the Suite restaurant.  In fact they were extremely nice about it!  I hope this has not changed. I am booked on the POA again next year in a Family Suite during November and my son and a friend will be with us in a different stateroom.

Edited by 3onTour

2 hours ago, 3onTour said:

I sailed in the Family Suite about 4 yrs ago and my friends (a couple) had an Oceanview stateroom. NCL allowed them to priority board with my family and allowed my two friends to eat with us daily in the Suite restaurant.  In fact they were extremely nice about it!  I hope this has not changed. I am booked on the POA again next year in a Family Suite during November and my son and a friend will be with us in a different stateroom.

Should not be a problem and easy for the Concierge to make this happen with aplomb.

The POA cruising is such an intensified Port cruise that I can't see that the facility used for Breakfast and Lunch

being overwhelmed with suite guests (and their guests) to turn anyone away.

There are no SEA days (these are at night cruising between islands).

Over half the ship for the most part is on shore for activities leaving plenty of restaurant facilities available.

Any negative answers from NCL Please note and post them here.

• Like 1