The Champagne Bar on JOS ~dumb ?

I know to some folk this might seem like the dumb ? of the year.....but can anyone tell me if they only sell champagne at these bars or can you get pretty much any drink there too.

Can anyone give me an idea what their prices are like too for average priced bubbly (not vintage) .

Many thanks.

happycruzer

You can get anything except frozen drinks and beer.

Freddie the bartender (Awesome!) gave us champagne with chambord, it's now our favorite champagne drink. They also have a cavier set-up, we don't care for it, but a lot of people did. Freddie was great, after the first time he meets you, he remembers your name and what you drink. I don't know how he does that!

Have a great time! The JOS tied for our favorite cruise. :D

You can also buy a bottle and they will tag it and keep it for you. We did that and every evening we would come down and have a glass or two. The bartender advised us to do it that way as it worked out much cheaper than by the glass.

Just got off Jewel on Sunday. We went to the Champagne Bar a few times. By the glass they had some champagne cocktails for about $9. My wife got a bottle of Veuvre Clicot (sp?) for about $90.

Caviar was pretty good. It was free as long as you purchased champagne or wine. Wasn't "top" quality I'm told (I know nothing about caviar) - but it was tasty and had all the trimmings - toasts, sour cream, egg yolk. egg white and chopped onion.

You can get anything except frozen drinks and beer.
We were able to get both, along with mixed drinks on the Serenade. All it took was an extra tip up front and the bartender hopped over to the other bar for our drinks. He also offered an appetizer tray. We met in the Champagne bar every night and tipped handsomely. ;) try the Peach Schnapps champagne special (we had this on the Mariner.)

$17 for a glass of champaigne???? That can't be right they sell bottles for $20.

It's right & it's pretty normal. There is a difference between chamagne & sparkling wine. If it's bottled anywhere other than France, no matter what it says on the label, it's sparkling wine.

The glass for $17 was probably a good French champagne. I remember paying about $12.50 for a mid-range glass.

To the OP, you wanted to know the average price of bubbly. I don't know about "average" but they had Korbel which was about $40 a bottle. I paid $85 for a bottle of something, Mumm's I think. I remember carrying a bottle of Verve Cliquot onto my next cruise because it wasn't available. Dom Perignon was about $200.

Many thanks for all of your help by answering my questions.

Delighted to hear that I'll be able to get my Bellini's etc and that they wont break the bank. My only problem now is curtailing my excitement for the next 5 weeks till we sail.

Thank you again

happycruzer

happycruzer,

Freddie is awesome! He was the bartender on our cruise and knew that I was coming for Bellinis after the first night. The Jewel also runs specials for the "champagne" cocktails so watch for those if Bellinis are your thing. I've only been on two cruises, but Freddie was by far the best bartender I have ever encountered. I saw from previous posts that he is gaining a fan club.

Enjoy your cruise. I have a bit longer to wait.

Jen

Archived